Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #1
Sweetbirdy17
Registered Users

Pediatrician recommendation in North Texas

Hi all! I am new to North Texas and need a recommendation for a pediatrician who is supportive of extended breastfeeding. I live in Denton Texas.

Advertisement

Sweetbirdy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #2
jessca06
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Pediatrician recommendation in North Texas

My kids see dr bain in frisco. Dr naidoo in richardson is also excellent (i have met him and have some friends who take their kids to him). He is in richardson i think.
jessca06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
AW-R
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our pediatrician is in Fort Worth and he was supportive of breastfeeding. I breastfed until 18 mos with each of mine and he never said anything not supportive. I can't really give an opinion on whether he was pro-extended for older than that because it just didn't come up. He was also OK with me doing an alternative vaccine schedule. His name is Frank McGehee.
Allyssa--mom to Bennett (09/2007) and Lachlan (11/2010), 2 dogs & 2 cats, wife to Arty (14 yrs)--a done-with-diapers , searching for zen, trying to be more green, loves trades, happy-having-a-career mom who tries to do it all!
AW-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 01:28 AM   #4
crunchytaylir
Registered Users
seller

In Fort Worth I see Dr Mark Jones at Fort Worth pediatrics. He's been the doctor for our family forever, he was MY doctor! He is very supportive, I was scared he wouldn't see me as a patient when we denied vax, but he still did, I just had to sign papers, he of course told me how important he thinks they are. And he didn't try to tell us to start solids at 4 months, he asked if we were waiting. And he was cool with cloth diapering too! These were all things I was nervous to talk to him about and he was okay with! He is an awesome and extremely handsome pedi!!
crunchytaylir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:03 PM   #5
mvp529
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW-R
Our pediatrician is in Fort Worth and he was supportive of breastfeeding. I breastfed until 18 mos with each of mine and he never said anything not supportive. I can't really give an opinion on whether he was pro-extended for older than that because it just didn't come up. He was also OK with me doing an alternative vaccine schedule. His name is Frank McGehee.
Dr McGehee is an amazing pedi and very supportive. His parter Vanessa Charette is great too. Love both of them for non vax and also delayed vax schedules! They see all of mine
Old 05-17-2014, 09:32 PM   #6
KingsDaughter76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dr. Thomas Newell is in Denton and their practice supports extended breastfeeding and non-vaccination etc... very friendly and we love them!
Kellina ~Wife to a Cowboy & Christian Homeschooling Mama to 9 kids and YES we would love to have more! Baby #9 is here!! IT'S A GIRL!! Born Oct 1st 2014!!
Forever missing my 7 m/c babies now safe in the arms of Jesus EARN Amazon giftcards for FREE!! Click to sign up for SWAGBUCKS!!
KingsDaughter76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 09:24 PM   #7
MamaBoone2
Registered Users

We see Dr. Bain in frisco at healthy kids pediatrics, she's got a holistic approach. I absolutely love her and her PA Amy!

Sent from my iPhone using diaperswappers.com
MamaBoone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 09:24 PM   #8
CrunchyMamaKim
Registered Users

We see Dr Naidoo (or his NP's) and love them! They are VERY educated and VERY supportive of things such as extended breastfeeding
CrunchyMamaKim is offline   Reply With Quote