Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-25-2013, 12:02 AM   #11
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is my doctor just trying to scare me?

I agree with PP. Sounds more like your dr is trying to scare you...like you asked. Your dr should tell you risk factors but also ncourage and uplift you and be positive about it! Risk factors are typically low. I did have a friend whk had twins and assumed she woukd be put in bed rest and she ended up being put on it earlier than they all expected. I think she developed high bp so they went ahead and did a c/s but she was around 35-36wks which is pretty normal for twins. In the same sense I know lots of women who have gone completely full term with twins and even a mom who went full term with triplets!! I agree with the others who suggested maybe finding another Dr. I kniw I need someone who is supportive of me while pregnant!

Advertisement

SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 ~Our Rainbow Baby~ March 2015!
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:22 AM   #12
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My sister had her twins at 32 years old (first pregnancy).
She carried to 39w5d.
She had to have a c/s because baby A was transverse and with daily u/s he showed NO signs of moving!
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:38 AM   #13
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s
Have your normally liked you dr? It doesn't sound like a very conforting dr and doesn't seem to be on the same page as you. I would see if you could find a dr that seems more supportive of natural birthing for your twins and while maybe informing you of things that might go wrong not scaring you.

That sounds horrible.
Hey I say do this. Maybe lol into a midwife (as long as you are not high risk) because they do things way more naturally I have found. I see a team of midwives and there are 3 of them and they sit down in my appointments and chat with me and really get to know me or now since we are on baby #2 we just catch up like long time friends. It is so laid back and comforting. And instead if just coming in to catch the baby at the end like many OB's do they stay with you 80% of the time you are in labor coaching you and supporting you! It is so wonderful. The US is one of the only countries that uses mostly OB's. most countries us midwives as the normal.

Hugs mama and congrats on your twins. Also if your Bp is normal your heart doing fine I am sure.
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #14
Silver)O(Moon
formerly 4boysMomma
seller

My Mood:

Scare tactics in an OB or MW is a deal breaker for me. I am already prone to anxiety. I need someone who inspires confidence in me and my body and trusts the process. I love my current MW practice for this reason, but I have had that in an OB as well. I would switch, and have before for similar issues.
And wife to my amazing DH who supports me in all I do!
Silver)O(Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:38 AM   #15
4GreenBabies
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thank you everyone for all the help, you have all made me feel a lot less nerve wracked... I think I should go find another OB, she has me set up for a whole slew of new tests and monitoring for the babies, and it would be a good idea to get a second opinion. It seems as though I have had bad luck with dr's this time around, the first dr. I saw didnt even see the second baby! When I had to tell the dr. that I was having twins, I switched to the one I am seeing now, but I suppose I might have to go find another one... As for the 'heart problems', Im not sure what it is, it just feels like occasionally (when I am really stressing out, or when I use my left arm too much with my 18 month old) that my heart is beating really fast and hurts. I lift my arms, regulate my breathing, and usually it goes away within 10 minutes. My mom told me its probably just stress related and nothing to worry about, and I usually wouldn't, except I am a bit worried for labor and birth. My labors tend to be no less than 12 hours and take a good bit of energy to get through it, not to mention I dont usually get so much sleep before, or after the birth. With 2 at home already and my husband out trying to get some steady income, and all the stress's involved, I guess I just want to make sure that both me and the babies will get through the birth healthily... Again, thank you everyone for all your support!
4GreenBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:12 AM   #16
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got so flustered at my last appointment while my DR was talking to me, same time as BP reading that I was in severe hypertension for a few minutes. She checked it again a bit later and it was back down.

I actually do have a small heart issue, it only effects me when I am very physically or mentally stressed, I am on baby 3 and have not had nay issues of prematurity yet. Just take your doctors advice and rest when you need to. You will be fine.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #17
Tia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4030971.html

I had twins 10 months ago. I was able to go into labor naturally at 37 weeks and deliver vaginally. PM me if you have any questions.
and born at home Alaina Jean 8.21.2010 7lbs11oz, 20"
Surro twins- 1.6.2013- 37 weeks, born vaginally
5lb11oz and 4lb8oz
Tia is offline   Reply With Quote