Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-27-2013, 04:28 PM   #21
Ark2003
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut_9754
Thanks! Do they go low enough to be below the umbilical cord stump?
They didn't go low enough on my shorty, short rise boy. (He was just 19" at birth). Rumparooz newborn with snaps worked the best for him. And he can still wear it now, at almost 3 months and more than 13 pounds.

I think the thirsties duo size 1's would have worked better with regard to the umbilical stump, if I had the snaps, not aplix. The aplix really rubbed and his stump ended up falling off too soon causing his belly button to bleed off and on for a couple weeks.

Amanda: Christ follower, wife to a good looking genius, mom to 5 sweet girls and 1 tough baby boy.

Advertisement

Ark2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #22
MamaJoyful
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Best Newborn Diaper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark2003 View Post
They didn't go low enough on my shorty, short rise boy. (He was just 19" at birth). Rumparooz newborn with snaps worked the best for him. And he can still wear it now, at almost 3 months and more than 13 pounds.

I think the thirsties duo size 1's would have worked better with regard to the umbilical stump, if I had the snaps, not aplix. The aplix really rubbed and his stump ended up falling off too soon causing his belly button to bleed off and on for a couple weeks.

Amanda: Christ follower, wife to a good looking genius, mom to 5 sweet girls and 1 tough baby boy.
I have experienced this too with the Aplix. I also have some Dappi and Bummis pull ons for right away. Those are great for the cord.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #23
lugnut_9754
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catbutt Diapers View Post
If you want super duper tiny, for sure fits under the cord, the Bummis NB's are the way to go.
Are those the Whisper Wraps or something else?

My brothers and I were all 8+ lbs as big so I'm thinking/hoping I will have the same :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark2003 View Post
I think the thirsties duo size 1's would have worked better with regard to the umbilical stump, if I had the snaps, not aplix.
I was thinking of getting the aplix because they would give a better fit.... maybe snaps would be better? How are snaps for fit? I plan on getting snaps for my grovias but thought for a nb hook and loop would be better.....

Last edited by lugnut_9754; 10-27-2013 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Edit to Add
lugnut_9754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #24
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut_9754 View Post
Are those the Whisper Wraps or something else?

My brothers and I were all 8+ lbs as big so I'm thinking/hoping I will have the same :P

I was thinking of getting the aplix because they would give a better fit.... maybe snaps would be better? How are snaps for fit? I plan on getting snaps for my grovias but thought for a nb hook and loop would be better.....
I do believe that was a Bummis Super Brite. I vastly preferred newborn velcro diapers, BUT it is good to have some snaps for when you want to do skin-to-skin. Velcro sucks for that.