Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #21
mamacita1222
Registered Users

Coconut oil, naked time between changes, and more frequent changes. Any rash is gone by the end of the day/12 hours or so. I have noticed that all rashes DS has ever had were either from being left in a diaper too long or from a yucky poop. I always have the baking soda bath idea in the back of my head, but it is never bad enough to require it.

Advertisement

mamacita1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #22
Juvanilla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What's your routine at the first site of rash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapfish View Post
Is she EBF? I found that things I ate tended to give dd diaper rash. Specifically when I ate pizza & it was even worse if it was pepperoni. She still gets rashes if she eats anything with even a hint of spice or tomato sauce. If you do use bleach in the wash, be sure to get it all rinsed out so she doesn't have a reaction to the bleach.
Yes she is EBF. Pizza huh? I've been eating pizza more often than I care to admit :-)
Juvanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:43 AM   #23
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

At first sign (slight redness) I would use our body oil (1pt castor to 3 pt carrier oil -- we choose sunflower seed oil but extra virgin olive oil or any other light oil will do). If it was more angry and red as your discribing I would use lansinoh lanolin. I always use Grapefruit Seed Extract (10-15 drops per oz in distilled water --- or at least filtered water) on the wipes which has been a miracle worker at keeping rash away. If you use another solution you could probably just add it to what you use as well. Good Luck
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:10 PM   #24
Juvanilla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you mamas so much. This rash was starting to shrink, dry up and flake... And today it's BRIGHT RED AGAIN! I'm so so so worried it's due to her AI2 which would just kill me because it's her trimmest diaper but I want to say it started around the time I started using them on her. I also started to use Oxyclean around that time, but I do two rinses after. I had her in a posies for a week, using California Baby rash cream and it strartef to get much better. She has been back in cloth three days and I've been changing her as much as possible. I added a little coconut oil to her wipe solution for antibacterial properties). I've been eating yogurt for the probiotics. I feel a little crazy and her rash makes me SO SO sad. It just looks awful, almost like teenie tiny blisters. Some how though she hasn't been one bit fussy over it. My DP just gave her a baking soda bath, we let her dry on the bed naked for about 20 min and he put her dipe (pocket with fleece) on with no rash cream. So it could be a million things? ARGH!!!! Help

Last edited by Juvanilla; 10-27-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Juvanilla is offline   Reply With Quote