Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #31
BusyPAMommy's Avatar
BusyPAMommy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 565
Re: Favorite detergent?

I think bac-out is a great product but I can't say I've figured out the optimal use in my washing routine. For a while I was putting a few squirts in my prewash, then I got the foaming spray so I started putting it directly on the poopy dipes after they'd been dunked and rinsed. Play around with it--I am still searching for my best wash routine but a big part of my challenge is my crappy HE front loader so if, as another mama recently said, you have a regular washer that actually uses water to clean clothes, your battle may already be half won. .

Advertisement

__________________
Mommy to Mini Me and Pork Chop. Happily trying to keep it all in balance.

Last edited by BusyPAMommy; 10-19-2013 at 08:13 PM.
BusyPAMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #32
On3bRitEsTaR's Avatar
On3bRitEsTaR
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 23
I have used both Charlie's Soap and Country Save to wash both CDs and clothes. We have a front loading HE machine and find that both of those detergents work well for the diapers and our wash routine.
On3bRitEsTaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:59 AM   #33
Ark2003's Avatar
Ark2003
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndependentMama
I use Charlie's too despite the bad rep it gets sometimes. Did you know they make an additive for hard water. I came across it on their website. How long have you been using it on your dipes? Do you do additional disinfecting like they suggest? Just curious...we are 3 months in with no issues. I've used Charlie's for years on all my laundry!
Just saw this!! Sorry for not responding!

No, I didn't know they make a hard water additive. I'll have to check that out!!

I have used Charlie's exclusively on my diapers and all other laundry for just a little more than two years.

I don't do additional disinfecting, nor did I know it was recommended. I wash my diapers in hot water. Underwear, socks, towels and washcloths on hot, too. I prefer to line dry all my laundry (in the sun), but haven't had the time lately. If I notice an odor, I will either use more soap or wash smaller loads.

Amanda: Christ follower, wife to a good looking genius, mom to 5 sweet girls and 1 tough baby boy.
Ark2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:36 AM   #34
Mom2Thr33
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Winston Salem, NC "Home of the Krispy Kreme!"
Posts: 95
Re: Favorite detergent?

I'm a Charlie's girl. I was just using it on the dipes but now we use it on all of our laundry. I do add a little bit of bleach to my wash since it does not disinfect. I'm going on my 2nd tub.
Mom2Thr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #35
Jeepster
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 271
Re: Favorite detergent?

charlie's gave us stink when i CDed DD. now we use tide ultra and it works great
Jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:38 PM   #36
IndependentMama's Avatar
IndependentMama
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark2003
Just saw this!! Sorry for not responding! No, I didn't know they make a hard water additive. I'll have to check that out!! I have used Charlie's exclusively on my diapers and all other laundry for just a little more than two years. I don't do additional disinfecting, nor did I know it was recommended. I wash my diapers in hot water. Underwear, socks, towels and washcloths on hot, too. I prefer to line dry all my laundry (in the sun), but haven't had the time lately. If I notice an odor, I will either use more soap or wash smaller loads. Amanda: Christ follower, wife to a good looking genius, mom to 5 sweet girls and 1 tough baby boy.
Actually sunning is a recommended means of natural disinfecting! We my son has a cold or something I use vinegar on the rinse cycle if the sun is not available.
IndependentMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #37
IndependentMama's Avatar
IndependentMama
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Thr33
I'm a Charlie's girl. I was just using it on the dipes but now we use it on all of our laundry. I do add a little bit of bleach to my wash since it does not disinfect. I'm going on my 2nd tub.
If you want a more natural disinfecting measure you can use distilled white vinegar or bac out.
IndependentMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #38
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,033
Re: Favorite detergent?

I washed diapers for my older kids with Sport Wash/Sensi Clean, a shake of baking soda, a half a cap of TTO, and a downy ball half full of vinegar. Then did an extra rinse.

Never had stinkies or ammonia, never had to strip, and no rashes/yeast/etc.

I plan to do the same for the coming baby.
__________________
Wife and homeschooling mom to:
ds 15yo
ds 12yo

dd 10yo
dd rescued, as her daddy says, 1/31/14. Read her birth story http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...8#post17225488
mothergooseofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #39
TyraTooters
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 7
Re: Favorite detergent?

For those using Tide Free & Gentle can you tell me about how much you're using per load?
TyraTooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #40
March's Avatar
March
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 2,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyraTooters
For those using Tide Free & Gentle can you tell me about how much you're using per load?
I fill the cap 2-3 times depending on load size. Very hard water and large loads in a top-loader.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.