Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #31
BusyPAMommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Favorite detergent?

I think bac-out is a great product but I can't say I've figured out the optimal use in my washing routine. For a while I was putting a few squirts in my prewash, then I got the foaming spray so I started putting it directly on the poopy dipes after they'd been dunked and rinsed. Play around with it--I am still searching for my best wash routine but a big part of my challenge is my crappy HE front loader so if, as another mama recently said, you have a regular washer that actually uses water to clean clothes, your battle may already be half won. .

Advertisement

Last edited by BusyPAMommy; 10-19-2013 at 08:13 PM.
BusyPAMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #32
On3bRitEsTaR
Registered Users

I have used both Charlie's Soap and Country Save to wash both CDs and clothes. We have a front loading HE machine and find that both of those detergents work well for the diapers and our wash routine.
On3bRitEsTaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:59 AM   #33
Ark2003
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndependentMama
I use Charlie's too despite the bad rep it gets sometimes. Did you know they make an additive for hard water. I came across it on their website. How long have you been using it on your dipes? Do you do additional disinfecting like they suggest? Just curious...we are 3 months in with no issues. I've used Charlie's for years on all my laundry!
Just saw this!! Sorry for not responding!

No, I didn't know they make a hard water additive. I'll have to check that out!!

I have used Charlie's exclusively on my diapers and all other laundry for just a little more than two years.

I don't do additional disinfecting, nor did I know it was recommended. I wash my diapers in hot water. Underwear, socks, towels and washcloths on hot, too. I prefer to line dry all my laundry (in the sun), but haven't had the time lately. If I notice an odor, I will either use more soap or wash smaller loads.

Amanda: Christ follower, wife to a good looking genius, mom to 5 sweet girls and 1 tough baby boy.
Ark2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:36 AM   #34
Mom2Thr33
Registered Users
seller

I'm a Charlie's girl. I was just using it on the dipes but now we use it on all of our laundry. I do add a little bit of bleach to my wash since it does not disinfect. I'm going on my 2nd tub.
Mom2Thr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #35
Jeepster
Registered Users

charlie's gave us stink when i CDed DD. now we use tide ultra and it works great
Jeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:38 PM   #36
IndependentMama
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark2003
Just saw this!! Sorry for not responding! No, I didn't know they make a hard water additive. I'll have to check that out!! I have used Charlie's exclusively on my diapers and all other laundry for just a little more than two years. I don't do additional disinfecting, nor did I know it was recommended. I wash my diapers in hot water. Underwear, socks, towels and washcloths on hot, too. I prefer to line dry all my laundry (in the sun), but haven't had the time lately. If I notice an odor, I will either use more soap or wash smaller loads. Amanda: Christ follower, wife to a good looking genius, mom to 5 sweet girls and 1 tough baby boy.
Actually sunning is a recommended means of natural disinfecting! We my son has a cold or something I use vinegar on the rinse cycle if the sun is not available.
IndependentMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #37
IndependentMama
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Thr33
I'm a Charlie's girl. I was just using it on the dipes but now we use it on all of our laundry. I do add a little bit of bleach to my wash since it does not disinfect. I'm going on my 2nd tub.
If you want a more natural disinfecting measure you can use distilled white vinegar or bac out.
IndependentMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #38
mothergooseofthree
Registered Users
seller

I washed diapers for my older kids with Sport Wash/Sensi Clean, a shake of baking soda, a half a cap of TTO, and a downy ball half full of vinegar. Then did an extra rinse.

Never had stinkies or ammonia, never had to strip, and no rashes/yeast/etc.

I plan to do the same for the coming baby.

dd 10yo
dd rescued, as her daddy says, 1/31/14. Read her birth story http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...8#post17225488
mothergooseofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #39
TyraTooters
Registered Users

For those using Tide Free & Gentle can you tell me about how much you're using per load?
TyraTooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #40
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyraTooters
For those using Tide Free & Gentle can you tell me about how much you're using per load?
I fill the cap 2-3 times depending on load size. Very hard water and large loads in a top-loader.
March is offline   Reply With Quote