Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #1
ahblessedmama
Registered Users
seller

Smartbottoms prefolds? Trim/absorbent as thirsties hemp?

That about said it, I'm having a hard time finding thirsties hemp and am willing to try the smartbottoms hemp prefolds but I don't know how they compare in trimness and absorbency. I use a Capri insert with a thirsties hemp and don't have leaks that way at night. Thanks!

Advertisement

ahblessedmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
ahblessedmama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Smartbottoms prefolds? Trim/absorbent as thirsties hemp?

Has anyone used these? Thanks
Old 10-28-2013, 09:29 AM   #3
SmartBottoms
Registered Users

So apparently because I have never posted on here before, I am not allowed to post links to the reviews on our prefolds. We would be happy to email them to you though, just let us know the best email address to send them to.

The Smartfold is definitely going to be the most absorbent night time diaper you will be able to find! Several of these reviews also feature photos so you can see the trimness. It is going to probably be a little bulkier than Thirsties pre fold, but it will be more absorbent. We use a 55/45 organic cotton/hemp blend. Our fabric is 11 oz and our large pre fold will hold nearly 16 oz without being fully saturated. Because we use fleece versus a jersey knit, ours also absorbs more quickly. Hemp is known for not absorbing quickly because the dense outer layer of the hemp fibers is difficult for moisture to penetrate. Because the fleece is a brushed knit, the ends of the fibers are exposed to the moisture and provides the quickest possible absorption rate. Please don't hesitate to contact us directly if you have any further questions about our products. We are always happy to help. info@smartbottoms.com
SmartBottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #4
ahblessedmama
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the info, one question I have is about the hemp fleece, it isn't stay dry though is it? Thanks