Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-30-2013, 06:37 PM   #41
kanga1622
Registered Users

I love when DS1 says just a yittle bit instead of little bit. When asked if he is ready for xyz, he usually responds "not quite yet" and wags his finger.

He is also known to randomly say I love you and give hugs. He busted in to go potty while I was getting into the shower earlier this week. So I got to hear how much he loved my big butt!

I adore watching my boys together. DS2 gets the biggest grins when watching his brother. I hope they are great play mates once DS2 becomes mobile. Just listening to his "stories" is fantastic.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 10-30-2013, 11:24 PM   #42
neonalee
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love my son's ramblings:

One time daddy was letting me have "neperines" and we were watching thunder and lightning and rain and daddy let me have more "neperines"and we saw a double rainbow and it was night.

It was just a big run on sentence LOL

Sent from my phone using DS Forum

I Swagbucks
neonalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:29 AM   #43
noahs naturally
Registered Users
seller

I love how when I was (half pretending to be) exasperated with 2 yo DD nursing on me, 5 yo DS hugged me in commiseration and patiently explained that I was helping to take care of his baby, and that he came out of my belly first, and him second. And that we can't give her away.

And that DD, before she fell asleep, told me she didn't like Swiper trying to take her Dreamlite (light-up pillow), so I hid it under the covers for her.
noahs naturally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #44
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:
Re: Who is happy with their kids just being.....

Always been a firm believer in not worrying, being in the moment, letting kids be kids, etc. Never worried about "milestones" and all that stuff. Never consulted a so-called expert either because I'm the expert on my children and their milestones are personal and unique. We don't plan a lot of activities or enroll them in many things, and we do not push them. We are not regimented or scheduled. We like to spend time together and be a family and just BE.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #45
necomama
Registered Users

With the anniversary of newtown coming up I am looking at my six year old in a whole new light. Everyday has it's challenges but everyday that we get to "be" together, I am totally thankful. Things can happen in a snap and I'm just happy to watch him grow everyday.
necomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:40 PM   #46
Mama2LilBug
Registered Users

I always get a little chuckle out of the things that DD does that are 100% me! i.e. I'm really easily overwhelmed/distracted, so I tend to not like clutter and only try to pull out one thing at a time so I can attempt to focus on it (at 37weeks, it's a major struggle regardless of how much I try to limit overstimulation!). DD does the exact same thing, only with her toys or books. She'll pull out one set of something, play with it, put it back and carefully choose what to play with next. I stinking LOVE IT! She was at a friend's house a couple of weeks ago and while they were playing in the friend's bedroom, friend's mom told me that DD actually went to friend's bed, pulled the covers up and smoothed them out like she felt they needed to be.. cracked me up! She's a tiny bit OCD and very disciplined in areas of keeping a tidy home/area.

ETA: She's OCD about things that SHE chooses and wants things where SHE wants them… She'll go through and completely re-arrange or change stuff that I've already put away where they're supposed to go because it doesn't add up in her world, which can be super frustrating, but she's not even 3. I'll cut her some slack (unless hormones are flooding my body at the time!)
Lindsey, wife to Pilot J & mama to K (11/12/10), expecting #2 (11/14/13)!

Last edited by Mama2LilBug; 11-01-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Mama2LilBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:58 AM   #47
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM Cloth View Post
Always been a firm believer in not worrying, being in the moment, letting kids be kids, etc. Never worried about "milestones" and all that stuff. Never consulted a so-called expert either because I'm the expert on my children and their milestones are personal and unique. We don't plan a lot of activities or enroll them in many things, and we do not push them. We are not regimented or scheduled. We like to spend time together and be a family and just BE.
That is mostly us except our oldest wanted to join tae kwon do, then another wanted to join, then another. They are loving it but they all know it is their choice and they can quit if they want to (after me making sure they are okay and really want to quit). If they are to be a black belt it is to be their motivation, their love for it, their accomplishment, not mine. The down side is it takes some of our evenings but dad works evenings anyways and we still have until 3 everyday with him. They love to teach dad what they are learning.

Last edited by joyful mother; 11-02-2013 at 01:00 AM.
joyful mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #48
ColbyCreations
Registered Users
Formerly: naperica
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you all for posting! It is a true pleasure to read all of your wonderful moments with your children. This will be a good place to check into when I am having one of "those days".

Adding one: Love how my 6yo did not want to run around with the group of kids for halloween this year. He wanted to go just with his brother and walk to all the houses b/c as he said: "I don't get why all the kids want to just run from house to house. They don't even talk to the people who are giving them the candy. They don't even let them see the costume. Isn't that the point.....you go through all this effort to make a costume....don't you want people to see it? People want to talk to you. This should be fun for everyone, even the old people who are handing the candy out. This means a lot to them too you know. Maybe they remember what it was like when they did it a SUPER long time ago."

This could not have come more perfectly from my mouth. This is the type of thoughtfulness that kids should be learning. (at least I think so anyway)