Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-31-2013, 04:43 AM   #11
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Baby swings: plugin?

I have a Graco plug-in/battery swing like this or this (I bought mine about 4 yrs ago off Overstock, so different print). It's big, but it does work well. DD never liked the swing, but I figure we'll get more use out of it this time around.

Advertisement

Old 10-31-2013, 06:37 AM   #12
aries416
Registered Users
seller

I have this one on the way for my new baby http://www.diapers.com/p/graco-glider-lx-gliding-swing-peyton-799399?site=CA&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_D& utm_term=AGO-289&utm_campaign=GooglePLA&CAWELAID=1816148397&utm _content=pla&ca_sku=AGO-289&ca_gpa=pla&ca_kw={keyword} and it plugs in or takes batteries.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:37 AM   #13
aries416
Registered Users
seller

I have this one on the way for my new baby http://www.diapers.com/p/graco-glider-lx-gliding-swing-peyton-799399?site=CA&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_D& utm_term=AGO-289&utm_campaign=GooglePLA&CAWELAID=1816148397&utm _content=pla&ca_sku=AGO-289&ca_gpa=pla&ca_kw={keyword} and it plugs in or takes batteries.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:53 AM   #14
BiskMama
Registered Users
seller

Another fan of the fisher price swings, we have the snug a bunny one and that thing is a life saver.
BiskMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:19 AM   #15
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have a fisher price swing and prefer them over all others. It plugs in and the resale value is way better. If it creaks again call customer service and they will replace it but I've never had that problem so I don't think you will again.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:55 AM   #16
gehagge
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have this: http://m.toysrus.com/skava/static/pr...ww.toysrus.com
And I love it. It does take batteries for the vibrating which has been a problem this time around since big sister kept turning it on and I didn't know.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:10 AM   #17
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
I have a Graco plug-in/battery swing like this or this (I bought mine about 4 yrs ago off Overstock, so different print). It's big, but it does work well. DD never liked the swing, but I figure we'll get more use out of it this time around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gehagge View Post
We have this: http://m.toysrus.com/skava/static/product.html?type=TRU_product_us&url=%2Fproduct%2F index.jsp%3FproductId%3D4389469%26cp%3D%26parentPa ge%3Dsearch&domain=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.toysrus.com
And I love it. It does take batteries for the vibrating which has been a problem this time around since big sister kept turning it on and I didn't know.
That's the one I was going to get but one of the amazon (I think) reviews said it didn't work just by ac and still needed batteries? Maybe the vibrating featuring was what she meant?
Old 10-31-2013, 12:08 PM   #18
hopetc
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've had 2 fisher price battery only swings and loved them! I love the side to side option and my babies both lived in them for months. I have 2 because...I thought with a 2 story house I might like it and the second I bought on clearance for $30. Plug in swings were not an option with my first and new with my second. My sis used my swings with her 2 as well so they've been well used but still work great.
Personally I did not see the big deal about batteries. I used less than a costco pack with each baby ($15) despite extensive time in the swing by using the lowest speed baby needed, no mobile and no music (sounded terrible anyway).
hopetc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:22 PM   #19
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM View Post
That's the one I was going to get but one of the amazon (I think) reviews said it didn't work just by ac and still needed batteries? Maybe the vibrating featuring was what she meant?
I can poke around at mine in a little bit & give you an answer for sure, but I think they're just necessary for the music/vibration box. Honestly, DD hated the swing & we really barely used it when she was a baby, but I know for sure we never changed the batteries & the music turned on accidentally while we were moving a few weeks ago.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:31 PM   #20
PurpleDaffodil
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

WE got this one from babies r us, it was the cheapest one that was plug in. Ugly, but it works and DS loved loved the soft changing light on the top. http://www.toysrus.com/buy/activity/portable-swing/fisher-price-cradle-swing-animal-krackers-w1666-11363410