Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #31
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady
I really like Super Why but Timmy Time and Shaun the Sheep I just cannot stand. I can't quite put my finger on why, but they make me want to scratch my eyes out. Shows we like are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (though Pete annoys me. I dislike that he is a villain who is a good guy...like why does he always get to just set up on the side of the road and start collecting tolls and they all just go along with it?) Super Why, Dinosaur Train (though like another poster mentioned, I get weirded out by predators hanging out with their prey) and our favorite here is Phineas and Ferb. It's probably my favorite kids show ever.
Timmy time and Shaun the sheep are the easiest for me to tune out since there's no actual dialogue. I've gotten so used to the theme songs that they're barely background noise to me either. I think that's one of my biggest pet peeves about kids shows...the dialogue. Either it's so stupid or the voices are just wrong or...something. I'm not quite sure, but it makes it so that I can't concentrate on anything besides watching whatever it is...and then I hate it. So that's why Timmy time and Shaun the sheep are ok by me. I don't necessarily like them or dislike them...they're just not as grating on my nerves.

Advertisement

kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:59 PM   #32
Aubrey<3Gavin
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellaroo
I actually thought about this while watching Daniel Tiger today. Their preschool only has five students but it is obviously some super fancy charter school given its inter-species enrolment. They must get funding.
this made me LOL

There are several shows that annoy me, but not because they're necessarily "bad" but because they're made for preschoolers and I'm an adult. I've tried watching some of my old favorites and end up being like, "what the heck did I love about this?!" about five minutes in.

The only show, so far, that is explicitly banned at our house is Gaspard and Lisa. First of all, what are they?! Dogs? Rabbits? Drabbits? If they are dogs, then why does they're Granny Matilde have a pet dog that looks realistic? And why does all of Paris accept that they are just like humans? Being another species does nothing to help the plots. But the real reason it is banned is because every single episode revolves around Gaspard and Lisa being explicitly told NOT to do something, then they do it anyway, spend the next ten minutes trying to cover it up so they won't get in trouble. Lisa is bossy and Gaspard won't stand up for himself. And they are both whiney!!! Can u tell how much I hate this show?!

I'm an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner! http://www.kingdomkonsultant.com
Aubrey<3Gavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:52 AM   #33
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellaroo View Post

The preschool idea makes sense based on your reasoning but how does it stay open?? Do all the other classes there have fifty kids to cover the costs?

I actually thought about this while watching Daniel Tiger today. Their preschool only has five students but it is obviously some super fancy charter school given its inter-species enrolment. They must get funding.
Bwahaha. I have no idea. Maybe it's a daycare during school hours program at the rec center. Or maybe teacher Susie is like Bruce Wayne and super rich, but instead of fighting crime she sings about rugs and donates buildings to children that have weird hair. The continuity errors drive me nuts, though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:14 PM   #34
Bellaroo
Registered Users

Re: Kids' tv shows

I wonder of we might be over thinking this?

It's possible that I've been accused of that before...
Old 10-31-2013, 09:28 PM   #35
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey<3Gavin View Post
this made me LOL

There are several shows that annoy me, but not because they're necessarily "bad" but because they're made for preschoolers and I'm an adult. I've tried watching some of my old favorites and end up being like, "what the heck did I love about this?!" about five minutes in.

The only show, so far, that is explicitly banned at our house is Gaspard and Lisa. First of all, what are they?! Dogs? Rabbits? Drabbits? If they are dogs, then why does they're Granny Matilde have a pet dog that looks realistic? And why does all of Paris accept that they are just like humans? Being another species does nothing to help the plots. But the real reason it is banned is because every single episode revolves around Gaspard and Lisa being explicitly told NOT to do something, then they do it anyway, spend the next ten minutes trying to cover it up so they won't get in trouble. Lisa is bossy and Gaspard won't stand up for himself. And they are both whiney!!! Can u tell how much I hate this show?!
CATASTROPHE!

I hate those stupid rabbit dogs that go to school with kids and have pet dogs.

Banned here too
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:26 AM   #36
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:

What? Nooo...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:18 AM   #37
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:

That would never happen.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:07 AM   #38
Mommy to Eli and Baby#2
Registered Users

I hate Mike the Knight because he's an inconsiderate prat who acts like a semi-decent human being for the last three minutes of a show and everyone falls on themselves to praise him for that and considers him a hero. I still let DS watch it occasionally but point out that Mike does not treat his friends, family and neighbours with respect and that doing something "right" only when the wrong way cause a problem for you is not doing it right at all. We are considerate of other because all people deserve respect and consideration, not because if you don't, your day might not go the way you want it to. /end rant

I've always assumed that Max and Ruby's parents died in a car crash and they were left to their Grandma, but their parents had neglected to change the will since Grandma developed dementia. So everyone in the town assumes that Grandma lives with them but actually, it's just the kids. That or Ruby is older than she plays at being and is Max's mother, but then why would she be allowed to participate in Bunny Scouts?
Mommy to Eli and Baby#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:37 AM   #39
dudleypippen
Registered Users
seller
seller

We watch very few shows, but it makes me crazy at the beginning of Thomas that the map isn't drawn to scale! DH thinks I'm the only person that cares. Sesame Street is so different from what I remember as a kid, now it's almost at a manic pace.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:38 AM   #40
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh this is fun! There are tons of shows I can't stand and have banned but there area few that come to mind more than others. Max and Ruby is horrific! Ruby is a whiney bossy nag and Max is a beast. Why does Max never have a consequence? I saw one day that he had painted all over the house and nothing happened WTF? I have learned to block Caillou out because I abhor his voice but of course Poppy fell madly in love with that show and it was the only thing she watched for MONTHS. She has since moved on to Wonder Pets and has memorized every.single.episode. She knows which ones are matched up in an episode and you will be in big trouble if you say the wrong thing or if you totally lose your mond and call that stinking guinea pig Winny instead of Linny. I had to google it. We were calling it the wrong thing and man Poppy was getting angry. Oh and has anyone seen the Save the Bengal Tiger episode because that tiger is a nasty ***** and I want to take the thorn out of her paw and jam it in her eye