Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-31-2013, 06:52 AM   #11
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Mama's that have vaccinated and non-vaccinated babies...

My older child that is fully vaccinated (just got his flu shot yesterday) actually rarely gets ill. I think he has his father's immune system. My DH panics when I am sick for more then a day, because for him that is a new concept. Yeah I have been married to him for almost 10 years now and he is only sick for a few hours!

Thank you everyone for the help! I guess I will just revert back to my days when I had no immune system and treat him more or less like that. I just need to try to keep ODS from sticking things in his mouth when we are out. It was much easier to do when he was 15-20 months old when I was in chemo sadly.

Advertisement

Old 10-31-2013, 09:59 AM   #12
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

My first doctor told me not to vaccinate her for a while because she had some food allergies that we suspected (eggs were the obvious ones)

Then he left the practice, and my new doctor said "Yes, lets do all the vaccines at once, there's no reason to skip these" So, I did.

Then she got sick that day, pretty sick...it was a long night. Months later, we did the booster and it was much, much worse. (this was the MMR) She was never the same after the MMR. We spent several days in the ICU, and it was just hideous. If I'd listened to the first doctor who said she couldn't handle the MMR, she might have been fine, but I listened to the second much older doctor who said "there's no evidence that she won't be fine".

The sad part is, she outgrew that allergy, and if I had just waited a few years, all of that might not have happened.

She eventually was mostly vaccinated. We don't do flu shots or pneumonia shots, but I'm not opposed to them really. If my Mom were sick or fragile, we'd do it to protect her. But, otherwise, we just take the chance.

She's an adult now, and I just made her go in and get the DPT shot because I have a daycare in my home, and she works in a crowded movie theater. I need to protect these little ones here, and she's never had any issues with any other vaccine besides the MMR. (which I was pre-warned about)
Old 10-31-2013, 10:05 AM   #13
MommyScott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherMoonPads View Post
I have one older child fully vaccinated, a 6 year old partially vaccinated, and a 3.5 year old who is not vaccinated at all. I do not treat them differently at all.
That's our situation here, my oldest 3 were fully vaccinated until about 5/6 years old and all the rest are unvaccinated.

God hasn't called me to be successful. He's called me to be faithful. - Mother Teresa
MommyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:58 PM   #14
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:

My oldest two are mostly vaxed, and my youngest is partially vaxed. All three are no longer vaxed. I don't treat them any differently.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:59 PM   #15
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle View Post
My daughter who is 5 started to be vaccinated at the age of 3 and was just about ready for pre-k, and my 2 year old has not begun to be vaccinated. I am starting him at 2.5 though, with pertussis. I don't like the news of whooping cough outbreaks I've been hearing about.

The quick answer though is no. I don't treat them differently.
keep in mind though, that the pertussis vax doesn't necessarily give them enough immunity to avoid the illness.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:10 PM   #16
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a 4.5yo vaxed and my 18mo is non vaxed. I treat them the same. My older DD in preschool has brought home lots of illness to share with her younger sister, but never anything a vax could have prevented. I treat them the same.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #17
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Never treated them differently. I'm always a bit more careful about germs when I have an infant, vaxed or not.