Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #11
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: messes your children have made

Two 4yr olds and a large container of really amazing honey. The girls were supposed to be coloring at the dinning room table while i was folding clothes. I cried while I was cleaning it all up, because it I was so difficult to clean and because it was really amazing local honey & almost all gone

For 2 weeks I kept finding new sticky areas throughout our dinning room.

Advertisement

raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:08 AM   #12
oneduckstuck5
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymark View Post
Two 4yr olds and a large container of really amazing honey. The girls were supposed to be coloring at the dinning room table while i was folding clothes. I cried while I was cleaning it all up, because it I was so difficult to clean and because it was really amazing local honey & almost all gone

For 2 weeks I kept finding new sticky areas throughout our dinning room.
Oh my! I think I would have cried too. What an expensive and sticky mess...I think you win so far.

Mom to:
ds14, dd11, ds8, dd7, dd 2, & ds 1 (2nd reversal baby)' expecting #7 April 2014
oneduckstuck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:43 AM   #13
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

Most embarassing? Sometime when the twins were 1 we were in a little family run grocery store. I was wearing DD and had DS in the shopping cart. I had walked to the end of the shopping cart and then kind of got stuck in a corner so I was pushing him out of the aisle and so I could get around. I pushed him right up to a display of spaghetti sauce. He grabbed a jar and dropped it. Huge mess. I went right to the employee who was working (owner's son) and told him what had happened. He of course said "No big deal" etc and I offered to pay for it.

To this day every single time we're in the store he remembers DS and the spaghetti sauce incident. We were actually there this weekend and he was outside talking to another employee when we were getting out of our car. He saw DS and said something like "We'll have to watch out for the glass jars" to the other employee. Poor DS (now 3) didn't even want to go into the store b/c he was embarrassed/scared/something.
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:31 PM   #14
jesajane
Registered Users

My Mood:

All four of my kids have drawn on the walls. One time my son did it to my parent's porch. All over. My dad was not amused. But, some fresh paint covered it.

But, the incident I remember best was from when my son was about 1.5 or 2. We were visiting my parents and had him taking a nap in his pack n play. After a while I went to check on him, and found him and his pack n play covered in white stuff. Turns out I had left a tube of diaper cream too close to him. He had squeezed it everywhere. Including in the mesh of the playpen. That was fun to clean up.
jesajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:49 PM   #15
supermansmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
This happened when DS#1 woke up before I did. He must have been hungry. His breakfast of choice was celery and chocolate sauce. Also the 2 dozen eggs he broke for fun, were farm fresh from a local place. I was speechless. He was just standing there covered in chocolate syrup with a celery stick in each hand. LOL. Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 10-31-2013, 10:45 PM   #16
jesajane
Registered Users

My Mood:

lol! I'm sorry he did that.
jesajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:58 PM   #17
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh man you guys are scaring me. DS is a not a mess maker. He will spread toys al lover the house but he freaks out if he gets anything on his hands so no poop smearing or anything. He runs away from SO when he puts shaving cream on, screams at bubble baths, and requests to have his hands wiped any time there is food on them. Heck he puts his crayons away in the box with the tops all pointing the same way. This next one is going to make up for it...I can just feel it.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:57 AM   #18
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
Dd1 is the messer. She took a dry erase marker and colored the playroom. The windows, the beanbag chair, the baby dolls, the books, the window will, her sisters face. The two together also found a box of Styrofoam peanuts in the garage and emptied it out into the yard. Huge mess. She's dumped entire boxes of cereal in the kitchen and flung it around on the floor. Shes used peanut butter as lotion.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #19
DrusL8y
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was telling dh about all of you guys' stories and he reminded me of one from a long time ago...I think from here now that I'm recalling it! But a momma said that for months, their house had this awful smell -all over the house! They couldn't figure out where it was coming from! They cleaned from top to bottom, ticking boxes of what/where it could be. Finally, everything came together! They discovered (don't remember how ) that during the night, their lo was peeing in their floor vent!! (Yeees I know!! I know!!) They were writing trying to get suggestions on how to clean their ventilation system organically since no one wants fumes circulating around their home. I think they ended up having to hire a service to clean since it was a sanitary issue and you know it wasn't cheap! I was shocked that dh even remembered that! The grass isn't always greener...
DrusL8y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #20
sublime.mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My older sons were about 3 and 5 and they were painting on a big roll of butcher paper. They had a paper plate with paint and brushes. After a while I heard hushed giggles then my older son said in a cryptic voice "you are black ninja." I went to check on them and they were painted black head to toe and most of the floor along with it. The floor (unfinished concrete) is still stained with tempera paint.