Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-31-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
It's Official-These kids have killed my brain cells

We are having a struggle with a stomach bug that is going around and around like a carousel. Every night its someone else. Earlier this week it was me.

I'm so very tired.

But today it became official, my brain is fried. I'm burnt.

I contacted Reading Egg customer service to ask why my four week trial was listed as 28 days instead of 30. Luckily the guy was very patient and didn't laugh at me.

I tried to place a Staples order using some staples rewards. I had already redeemed the rewards back in September.

My stomach was rumbling and I was getting worried that I was getting sick again. Uhm yeah I forgot to eat until 1.

I was supposed to scan and email an important document for my dh but I decided to let my teen do it instead.

So have you had moments when you were suffering from totally fried parent brain?

Advertisement

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. I Twice $10 off on your first order at Twice.
Agla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:17 PM   #2
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla
We are having a struggle with a stomach bug that is going around and around like a carousel. Every night its someone else. Earlier this week it was me.

I'm so very tired.

But today it became official, my brain is fried. I'm burnt.

I contacted Reading Egg customer service to ask why my four week trial was listed as 28 days instead of 30. Luckily the guy was very patient and didn't laugh at me.

I tried to place a Staples order using some staples rewards. I had already redeemed the rewards back in September.

My stomach was rumbling and I was getting worried that I was getting sick again. Uhm yeah I forgot to eat until 1.

I was supposed to scan and email an important document for my dh but I decided to let my teen do it instead.

So have you had moments when you were suffering from totally fried parent brain?
I think this is pregnancy brain, but still fried. I grocery shopped and when I got in my driveway I took my toddler and walked into the house. Never took in the groceries. Hours later I went to serve a snack and couldn't find the cheese I just bought. Oops. 80 percent okay, 20 percent perishable and ruined. Not a fine moment.

My husband was really understanding - "at least you remembered our child."

I did something similar once when I was pregnant with my son. Very silly repeat mistake
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: It's Official-These kids have killed my brain cells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar View Post
I think this is pregnancy brain, but still fried. I grocery shopped and when I got in my driveway I took my toddler and walked into the house. Never took in the groceries. Hours later I went to serve a snack and couldn't find the cheese I just bought. Oops. 80 percent okay, 20 percent perishable and ruined. Not a fine moment.

My husband was really understanding - "at least you remembered our child."

I did something similar once when I was pregnant with my son. Very silly repeat mistake
I managed to bring in groceries but I panicked when I couldn't find my pocketbook. I left it in the car.

My friend was throwing her plates in the garbage one morning and tossing the left over food in the sink one morning. I just watched her do it for a bit.

Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. I Twice $10 off on your first order at Twice.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:40 PM   #4
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Here are a few gems that I've done in the past couple of months. Copy/pasted from my FB status updates.

- PSA: If one is going to hide a cake in the oven while it's still inside its plastic cake-toting container, one should remove it from the oven before preheating the oven for something else, unless one wants to unexpectedly add "clean melted-and-cooled plastic bits out of oven" to one's to-do list for the day.

- Huh. It's been a while since I've done THAT. I opened up the dialer on my cell phone, getting ready to make a phone call, then I put it to my ear. To listen for the dial tone. o.O

- I was preparing supper this evening while Tim was holding a fussy Josiah and also talking on speaker phone with his sister. I finished my prep work, then came in to get Josiah. My mind said, "Get Josiah and feed him," but my arms didn't get the message and reached for Tim's phone instead.

- Hah, no wonder I was so hungry by suppertime last night. I was putting away our dishes just now, and I was missing a plate. I checked in the fridge, and there was a sandwich and some fruit on the missing plate. It was my lunch from yesterday. I'd made the lunch, but then been called away for something, so I stashed it in the fridge until I could get back to it. I never remembered it until just now.

- I wanted Josiah to take a nap, and he was not in agreement. I tried to tell him, "I have news for you, you're going to take a nap." What came out was, "You're going to take a news."
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:02 PM   #5
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96
Here are a few gems that I've done in the past couple of months. Copy/pasted from my FB status updates.

- PSA: If one is going to hide a cake in the oven while it's still inside its plastic cake-toting container, one should remove it from the oven before preheating the oven for something else, unless one wants to unexpectedly add "clean melted-and-cooled plastic bits out of oven" to one's to-do list for the day.

- Huh. It's been a while since I've done THAT. I opened up the dialer on my cell phone, getting ready to make a phone call, then I put it to my ear. To listen for the dial tone. o.O

- I was preparing supper this evening while Tim was holding a fussy Josiah and also talking on speaker phone with his sister. I finished my prep work, then came in to get Josiah. My mind said, "Get Josiah and feed him," but my arms didn't get the message and reached for Tim's phone instead.

- Hah, no wonder I was so hungry by suppertime last night. I was putting away our dishes just now, and I was missing a plate. I checked in the fridge, and there was a sandwich and some fruit on the missing plate. It was my lunch from yesterday. I'd made the lunch, but then been called away for something, so I stashed it in the fridge until I could get back to it. I never remembered it until just now.

- I wanted Josiah to take a nap, and he was not in agreement. I tried to tell him, "I have news for you, you're going to take a nap." What came out was, "You're going to take a news."
Good idea to write these down. I'm sure I am going to forget some of these antics.

I did manage to make dinner without any mishaps.

Old 11-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #6
ktarsha
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have too many to remember, but the most recent is that I went to the bathroom to start the shower, then back to the bedroom to undress and get my clean clothes. When I came back to the bathroom, I couldn't find my towel on the towel bar. I checked all over the bedroom and in the laundry basket, and was getting really upset, then I went back and realized - duh! - it was right where I left it two minutes earlier, tossed over the shower door.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #7
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

The other day I watched my husband go to the linen closet, take out a towel, walk over to the hamper, toss in the clean towel, go into the bathroom and get in the shower. Haha. I was just waiting ten minutes later for the "Honey? I forgot to get a towel."

I guess brain cell death hits both genders.
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:49 PM   #8
FrenchTeacher
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I can relate to this. This morning, I was getting myself a cup of coffee while checking email on my phone. Somehow, my phone ended up in the fridge where I meant to put the milk after pouring some in my coffee. The milk ended up in the cupboard where the coffee cups are, and I threw my spoon in the trash can after stirring my coffee.

In my defense, it was 4:30am.