Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-03-2013, 01:21 AM   #11
DrusL8y
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nighttime diapering for heavy-wetting newborn?

I'm here with ya lady! DD is 7 weeks and 12lbs, but we breastfeed so she wakes to nurse every few hours. So far we've tried the following:

Motherease Sandys with washcloth as doubler under Thirsties Duo size 1 cover
Same as above under Disana soaker
Thirsties duo fab fitted w/ Thirsties doubler under Thirsties and Disana
Thirsties Duo Pocket w/ microfiber and hemp cotton
Swaddlebees Simplex (newborn)
BG 4.0 with both inserts

This will be easy! All the combos with the Thirsties cover failed horribly! DD has a very narrow crotch, short rise, and at one point, skinny thighs. We got major leaks after a couple hours! I can't really stuff much or there won't be enough compression for her pee to soak up. Her pee would just roll out the side. (She's a side sleeper.)

The BG 4.0 with both inserts fails day or night! We just can't get these to hold pee just yet because we can't get it pressed up against her enough. The only time these work is if we have her sitting up and even then, we usually get wetness around the thigh. It fits her - just not snug enough! I wonder if I can get a better fit if I had it with velcro? I have snaps only. One insert is a joke!

Now we're getting somewhere! No matter what I have on her, with my Disana cover over - BULLETPROOF! DH just gave me the go-ahead to get more because we are absolutely tired of cleaning her up because her diaper isn't working for her. If you're not adverse to fitteds (they inevitably get entirely soaked; I know some babies have skin sensitivity issues), I recommend Motherease Sandies with doublers that can be worn against the skin underneath wool. I love how the Sandies are like comfortable underwear, she can move her legs, and they adjust at the thigh AND the waist! I will definitely be getting more Sandies when she outgrows her newborns and we WILL be getting a rotation of wool!

But if all fails, please don't beat yourself up over getting a pack of disposables like the pp!! Find a reward program or use Amazon or Diapers.com where you can get a nice deal and get them to come automatically to your door. This is just a phase, you know that! As soon as your lo grows more, it's gonna be something else! It's a shame we don't make cookie cutter kids right?! That'd be too easy!

Advertisement

DrusL8y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #12
Serafina33
Registered Users

Re: Nighttime diapering for heavy-wetting newborn?

I found boring, cheap dappi nylon pull on pants on a medium sized (1 size too big) fitted with a 2-ply bamboo trifolded doubler to be my go-to night solution for my 1 month old, I also do not want to change diapers between midnight & morning. This works when even the disposable left a puddle.