Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #1
dreamingoffireflies
Registered Users
seller

Favorite nighttime training pants?

My son is two and potty trained except for sleep times. I'm looking for recommendations for nighttime cloth training pants that are pretty absorbent, since we're having problems with our diapers.

I'd also welcome insight on when/how to achieve night time potty training. We tried waking him up at 10pm to pee and that was sort of working but I didn't feel right about disturbing his sleep. And it is hard to limit drinks near bedtime if he is thirsty. I know I always get thirsty at teeth brushing time. Should I be doing something differently, or just waiting for his body to develop?

Advertisement

My ISO/IHA
dreamingoffireflies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My 5&7 year olds wear the overnight pull-ups I make (www.mothergoosedesigns.com) Ida more a maturity thing than a training thing at night and generics plays a part. Dh wet until 12. They are down to 1-2 accidents a week now so not too bad. One sleeps through , the older one wakes up and changes
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Favorite nighttime training pants?

Going cold turkey works for some. It didn't work for us (letting them wet themselves and just changing the sheets). The big three that I name are super undies, motherese bedwetters, and Snap EZ Fleece Pocket Trainers. If you look in my account and look at my albums/pictures you can see my son in several nighttime trainers.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #4
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

DD slept in My Choice trainers with 2 GroVia boosters, it was about 5 months after daytime training that she started waking up consistently dry, at the same time she started waking on her own if she needed to potty, which was always very predictably at the same time of night (11:30!) after 2 weeks waking up dry we went to blueberry trainers at night, which she never wet (but I hate changing sheets b/c the kids share a room!) and then just to unders because I forgot to put her in anything else!

DS is just this week daytime trained!! We are using the GroVia trainers again with him, but this time we are using the size one prefolds in the pocket, they are PERFECT. Granted he is not a heavy wetter at night and has woken up dry from time to time.

I like these for nights because they still feel the wetness, and will wake to get changed when they are ready to, and I'd rather they wake up and get into a new pair than not be able to feel it at all. Also, as they start to wet less, I can unstuff the pocket, making it more trim....

I do think overnight readiness has a lot to do with physical development, so even though we do a 100% underpants and clothing approach during the day, I do use something at night. I prefer it to be cloth though, I don't even do "pull ups" when we travel
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #5
gbabies2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hands down Snap-EZ Stuffable Trainers (stuffed with Babykicks hemp and an infant MF insert). I always recommend getting the Snap-EZ with two rows of snaps though for a more custom fit. The only place other than directly from Snap-EZ that seems to have this is Pinstripes & Polka Dots.

Good Luck Mama!
gbabies2 is offline   Reply With Quote