Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #1
Registered Users
Wash routine?

Im wondering what everyones wash routine is like and what kind of machines you have.

manduhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Wash routine?

I have tons of different types of diapers I rotate the types I used so I use all of one type between wash cycles so that I can wash them the same way..haha yes I know I made that complicated I have a FLer

I do a hotish rinse with bacout high spin
hotish longest wash I can get with a scoop of powder detergent 3rd line
MF gets a second identical wash and bleach once or twice a month
speed wash not detergent as final rinse(MF gets two)
line dry heat sensitive objects throw the rest in the dryer

let everything sit on the couch or laundry basket until I use it diaper baby...haha I wish
juliefarnsworth87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #3
Registered Users
i'm currently using prefolds and covers. i have a front loader. i do a cold wash no detergent then hot wash with extra rinse and use rockin green. i hang the covers and sun out the stained prefolds but throw the unstained ones in the dryer
odos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:02 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Wash routine?

I too have a fl (kenmore he5t) and I preset my cycle to do a prewash and heavy duty hot wash with cold second rinse (longer than the extra rinse). I use Tide Original powder and fill about to the 1 line, except I put about 1/3 of it in the prewash dispenser and the rest in the detergent dispenser. I bleach maybe 1x a month, if that! I ended up reading the washer's manual about wash cycles and agitation speeds and use this routine based on that. For my washer, heavy duty has the most agitation coupled with using the most water. I was doing 3 washes or using bulky bedding until I read my manual. You want agitation since fls don't have an agitator and you want plenty of water instead of risking messing up your machine by adding water through the dispenser or adding towels or what-not. The prewash cycle is perfect for that initial rinse that most people use an entire wash cycle for! Also, after trying to be "green" and using Country Save for a couple years, I tried Tide and haven't gone back! It works wonderfully! I can feel a difference in our clothes they get so clean! They smell wonderful and everything is still lasting so well!

As far as drying, all pul stuff gets hung up to dry. Everything else is dried on medium. My whole wash and dry routine takes 3 hours 36 minutes.
I'm Kendra!
Missing our 4 Angels (11.04)(12.11)(3.12)(12.12)

Last edited by DrusL8y; 11-04-2013 at 05:04 AM.
DrusL8y is offline   Reply With Quote