Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
odos
Registered Users
seller

prefolds and front loader

Do you think you get less or maybe even none of the issues of cloth diaper stink/build up when washing prefolds in a front loader versus pockets with microfiber inserts?

Advertisement

odos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #2
juliefarnsworth87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: prefolds and front loader

Microfiber doesn't clean well. Especially in a FLer. I started having to use a FLer and my pockets did so bad I dealt with stink issues for more than 2 months I think. Finally I just only used my prefolds and covers until I could get the MF clean because I didn't want to put the stinking diapers on my baby until I could get the issue resolved.

A lot of people think flats and prefolds are easier to clean period. I have to agree however they aren't my favorite diapering option. Another thought is that you don't have to use MF in your pockets ya know?

To this day I do 1/2 pockets wash prefolds wash wash then other 1/2 pockets. To rotate my stash.

Last edited by juliefarnsworth87; 11-03-2013 at 07:02 PM.
juliefarnsworth87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
BusyPAMommy
Registered Users
seller

I had trouble with stink in my pockets (Thirsties Duo diapers) in my FL and sold them off and got flats/covers instead. I think it's absolutely true that cotton (whether prefolds or flats) is easier to clena than anything else, but I actually wish I hadn't sold them...part of it was that I needed to adjust my wash routine to keep up with my toddler's increasingly strong pee. If I could do it again, I would've just ditched the MF inserts and kept at least some of the pockets for stuffing with flats.

Last edited by BusyPAMommy; 11-03-2013 at 07:09 PM.
BusyPAMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #4
odos
Registered Users
seller

i used pockets with MF inserts with my first but i never really did it full time and i did have some stink issues but i didn't really do any trouble shooting. at the time i had a top loader. i still have the pockets and MF but this time around i have prefolds and covers and im trying cloth with my 2nd baby but now i have a front loader. i haven't used the pockets with MF with my baby and i'm hesitant to bc i don't even want to chance it with the stink. but i may try prefold stuffed pockets . so far i'm loving prefolds!
odos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:15 AM   #5
DrusL8y
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Prefolds are basically towels! If you can get your regular towels clean, prefolds shouldn't be any different!
DrusL8y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:08 AM   #6
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrusL8y View Post
Prefolds are basically towels! If you can get your regular towels clean, prefolds shouldn't be any different!
Agree! Microfiber is the only thing that causes me strife with our front loader. Prefolds are a piece of cake!
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote