Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2011, 11:53 AM   #1
jabain
Registered Users

Newbie in DFW

Hi, I am new to the whole cloth diapering world. I wanted to CD my daughter, but I also had my heart set on a specific day care, and they did not allow cloth, so we went with disposable. We are now pregnant via a surrogate and are expecting twins in May. This time we are looking to have a nanny, since day care for 3 will be so expensive. So this opens the door to CD again. I have been trying to do all the reading I can, but am getting a little overwhelmed with everything involved. All the types, all the brands, all the components. A friend of mine suggested DS, said I could probably learn a lot from this site. So here I am, ready to learn!! Any advice would be much appreciated! Are there any stores in the area that sell CD, so I can actually see some in real life. Or maybe a CD for dummies class???

Advertisement

jabain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #2
lijahNnai
Registered Users

Re: Newbie in DFW

What part of DFW are you in? There is a mom-run shop here in Arlington, but she runs it out of her home, so you have to set up an appt. Maybe the local mamas would like to get together and we could bring our cloth so you could see a variety! We use fitteds and wool most. I like that it allows Naima's skin to breath and wool is very addictive.. hehe.
lijahNnai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:12 PM   #3
purple_elephant
Registered Users

Congrats on the twins, that so exciting! I am due with my first in March and am also new to the cloth diapering world. There are so many choices! I'm pretty sure I want to do OS pockets, but sifting through the different brands is overwhelming. I don't want to put down money for something I might not end up liking! Since I was planning on starting with prefolds until the baby is big enough for a OS diaper, someone suggested to me that we do a trial to test out some different kinds. That brought me a lot of peace of mind. Instead of blindly building a stash before the kiddo gets here, I am going to use prefolds and add other diapers as we go along.
purple_elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:07 PM   #4
blessed22
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congratulations!! How exciting!

There's a DFW cloth diaper group (they have a group on FB also and do meetups) which has a website of all the local CD stores

Here's the link for ya

http://www.dfwclothdiapergroup.com/local-cd-shops.html

You'll also find lots of help here on DiaperSwappers!
Old 10-30-2011, 07:48 AM   #5
purple_elephant
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed22 View Post
Congratulations!! How exciting!

There's a DFW cloth diaper group (they have a group on FB also and do meetups) which has a website of all the local CD stores

Here's the link for ya

You'll also find lots of help here on DiaperSwappers!
Great link, thanks!
purple_elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:58 AM   #6
MacyKM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The Nappy Shoppe in Allen has a cloth diaper 101 class- and she is awesome!!

For Custom Embroidery- It's Sew Macy
MacyKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #7
poeticsong725
Registered Users
seller

What's the one in arlington called?
poeticsong725 is offline   Reply With Quote