Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #1
manduhhhh
Registered Users
seller

Favorite lamb recipes.

Im looking for some good recipes with lamb. If your have any please share?

Advertisement

manduhhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 07:14 AM   #2
blackberry75
Registered Users

Re: Favorite lamb recipes.

What cut of lamb are you using? Ground, flank, chops?
blackberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #3
Nandis
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't use lamb very often but I make a dish similar to a recipe I found in a... I think it was fanny farmer cookbook a long time ago called lamb and lentils. I use a couple of lamb chops (or to be honest, it's more often goat chops) and brown them in a little fat. Then I add a couple of cups of lentils, a large can of tomatoes, and water or broth to cover. I season with salt, pepper, onions, and garlic and also add whatever greens we have on hand: kale, chard, spinach, whatever. Then I let it cook until the lentils are tender, adding water or broth to keep it moist and prevent sticking. I serve it over barley or rice. Easy and delicious. It's also a great way to stretch the meat. I serve the whole family with less than a pound of meat and no one complains! I think any cut or even leftovers would work in this dish. I've even used frozen "vegetarian lamb" in it with no ill effects. I don't really measure or worry. To me, it's an easy, throw-together meal that simmers away while I do other things. All I have to do is remember to stir it occasionally. Easy, tasty, and filling.
Nandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #4
craezie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you are doing a roast, I like Jamie Oliver's lamb shoulder:
http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/lamb-recipes/incredible-roasted-shoulder-of-lamb-with-smashed-veg-and-greens You MUST make the sauce with this, it is to die for.

I also like to make lamb meatballs with ground lamb. Sometimes I mix it 50/50 with ground turkey to lower the fat. If you do make them, add a good bit of breadcrumbs to absorb some of the grease. Season with middle-eastern seasonings, chopped parsley, etc. and serve in a pita with yogurt or tahini sauce. Yum!