Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #1
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mom would like a 1 or 2 qt yogurt maker with GLASS insert??

Hi, my mom would like a 1 or 2 quart yogurt maker with a glass insert. All the models I've seen have multiple small jars (like 6 or 7 oz each) or have one large plastic bucket. Is there a good model out there that has a 2 quart glass jar? Thanks.

Advertisement

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #2
kirst
Registered Users
seller

Re: Mom would like a 1 or 2 qt yogurt maker with GLASS insert??

I have an older model yoghurt maker that no longer has the individual small glass inserts. I just put a sterilized pyrex baking dish inside the yoghurt maker, ontop of the indentations where the small glass cups would have been, then put the lid on, then put a large clean teatowel overtop (since it doesn't seal airtight anymore...lid got melted in dishwasher. Yeah, it's old.)

I've been doing this for about 15 years and haven't had a problem yet, so I'm sure you could find a small corningware glass tray or bowl that would fit inside the incubator part of the yoghurt maker...whether it actually goes with it or not.
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #3
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks, I've noticed that some folks find ways to jerry-rig their own alternatives depending on the dimensions of the yogurt maker. I am looking for a Christmas present for my mom, but I appreciate the ideas too.

Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
Old 11-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #4
ms_mcnann
formerly t***_m**_r*****
seller

This one doesn't say if it is glass or not
http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-602...g&gclsrc=aw.ds
ms_mcnann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #5
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks, Mel. That one looks good, and I was looking at it this week. Unfortunately it is plastic. My mom may simply have to choose whether she is willing to do small glass jars or a large plastic one, but I was hoping someone here might have one that fits her real desire.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #6
ms_mcnann
formerly t***_m**_r*****
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429 View Post
Thanks, Mel. That one looks good, and I was looking at it this week. Unfortunately it is plastic. My mom may simply have to choose whether she is willing to do small glass jars or a large plastic one, but I was hoping someone here might have one that fits her real desire.
I would prefer glass too. I did see that sunbeam makes a 2qt glass mixer bowl that appears to be the same size as the plastic insert. Maybe that is an option later on if she goes with the one we both saw. The good thing is it is BPA free.

Last edited by ms_mcnann; 11-10-2013 at 11:31 AM.
ms_mcnann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #7
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

The insert seems to be sized very much like a large plastic tub of yogurt. So it seems doubtful but interesting. My mom's personality is such that she would not seek out alternative pieces once she has something anyhow, but that is interesting. She's actually much less green than I am. I just don't think anyone these days appreciates the idea of heating something in plastic when there is an alternative, so I am surprised by what is available.

Old 11-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #8
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:

You can get the small anchor hocking jar at Target and use that. This one works with tub style makers.. You do not put the glass lid on the jar when it's cooking, but you can use the glass lid afterwards for keeping it fresh.

I've had both cup and tub style yogurt makers and I really prefer the cups. I have two of these now and make yogurt every week. I stack them on top of each other.

Last edited by Resellmybelle; 11-10-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Resellmybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #9
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resellmybelle View Post
You can get the small anchor hocking jar at Target and use that. This one works with tub style makers.. You do not put the glass lid on the jar when it's cooking, but you can use the glass lid afterwards for keeping it fresh.

I've had both cup and tub style yogurt makers and I really prefer the cups. I have two of these now and make yogurt every week. I stack them on top of each other.
Super--thanks!

The model you like is the one I had selected for my mom until she decided she'd prefer a tub. Thanks for the recs .

Old 11-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #10
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:
Talking Re: Mom would like a 1 or 2 qt yogurt maker with GLASS insert??

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429 View Post
Super--thanks!

The model you like is the one I had selected for my mom until she decided she'd prefer a tub. Thanks for the recs .
You're so welcome!

PM me for any questions, I love talking yogurt!