Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-26-2013, 07:54 PM   #11
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palooka View Post

I know several women who have had multiple C-sections. The healing process sounds a little longer, but it sounds like you had to do a lot of healing from your vaginal birth too, so it might just be different but not worse. My friend had a C-section with her twins and she said the during was painless, she was wide awake, and she was hilariously drunk on the pain meds. She was cracking jokes with the doctors and nurses about if they could see what she ate that morning, and when they showed her a baby she was like "Eeew it's gross put it back! Kidding, I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!!!" Her husband said it was the funniest thing ever.

Talk to moms who have had c-sections, because it isn't all horror stories, especially the moms who planned it or weren't totally surprised about needing it.
Ahahaha! That's soo funny! I really hope that's how things will go for me, and thay my new OB will be really positive like that too.

Advertisement

Last edited by MothyrGrimm; 10-26-2013 at 07:56 PM.
MothyrGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #12
Mrs-Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: So freaked out! Any reassurance?

I've had three csections also. The 2nd and 3rd were planned (and scheduled but I went into labor before the scheduled date). I have no horror stories to share, and I only ever took motrin for pain relief. I mean, I was definitely sore, but there was noticeable improvement every 24 hours. I recommend making a birth plan. I got most things that I wanted (no arm restraints, mirror so I could watch the birth, etc). It made all the difference from the experience of my first birth, but I was preterm so I wouldn't have gotten a lot of the things I wanted anyway as far as seeing the baby after the birth.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #13
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

I had a different experience cause min was an emergency section so I wasn't awake but the healing process wasn't to bad. Just take your pain meds don't wait til pain is so bad they won't help & walk as soon as you can a little at a time & poo sooner than later once you do all that its easy going. Once you walk then every time you walk it gets easier. I had a hard time but I had Bp issues & all that wonderful stuff but seriously in your case I'd have one. I promise it's not so bad ecspecially if it means both baby & mama will be safe in the end. You wil need to be healthy to take care of that baby so do what you gotta do girl.
lilannies mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:14 AM   #14
Silver)O(Moon
formerly 4boysMomma
seller

My Mood:

I was terrified when told I need a c/s with my first. Honestly bawled my eyes out. But yk, it wasn't that bad. I mean yes I took pain meds for maybe a week or so and it hurt to laugh and cough but it was really manageable, so much more than I expected! The type of pain I had wasn't a sharp ow-ow-ow type pain either. Just sore, kind of similar to how your abdominal muscles would feel if you did waaaaay too many sit-ups the day before. The incision itself didn't really hurt at all. With my 2nd c/s it was even easier. The hardest part of that recovery was that I had a 2 yr old to take care of as well as a nb and it was hard to not over do it so I had some heavy bleeding but my incision healed great and I felt probably 80% healed in 3 weeks and 100% by 6 weeks. My sister had her second by c/s and she felt it was far easier for her to recover from than her very difficult vaginal birth with her first. You'll be ok mama.
And wife to my amazing DH who supports me in all I do!
Silver)O(Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #15
ottomamma
Registered Users
seller

I had a vaginal birth with my first and then a planned c-section due to placenta previa. I was scared at first but then figured at least when you know ahead of time you can plan for it! I had a doula which helped a ton. She helped me form a birth plan which made me feel more in control and prepared. And it was nice having exta support for the cs. She even brought some lavender and peppermint essential oils (the peppermint kept me from tossing my cookies after) I will admit I was scared at first during the cs, but as soon as baby came out, I just focused on him and that's all that mattered! Healing went great for me. I took the meds for 48 hrs and after that I felt better than I did after my vaginal birth. I took some ibuprofen here and there, but I was out taking mile long walks and feeling pretty great! A big part of that was always wearing my belly wrap. It was like fabric pain meds
ottomamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #16
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ooo what's a good belly wrap to wear? Can you wear one immediately after?
Old 11-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #17
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilannies mama View Post
I had a different experience cause min was an emergency section so I wasn't awake but the healing process wasn't to bad. Just take your pain meds don't wait til pain is so bad they won't help & walk as soon as you can a little at a time & poo sooner than later once you do all that its easy going. Once you walk then every time you walk it gets easier. I had a hard time but I had Bp issues & all that wonderful stuff but seriously in your case I'd have one. I promise it's not so bad ecspecially if it means both baby & mama will be safe in the end. You wil need to be healthy to take care of that baby so do what you gotta do girl.
Does it make me a bad mama when I say I prefer to be sleeping for my C-sections? I was sleeping for my first 2 and awake for my 3rd. Although the overall hospital experience was best with baby #3 I much prefer having slept through the births for the first 2 children.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #18
ottomamma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MothyrGrimm View Post
Ooo what's a good belly wrap to wear? Can you wear one immediately after?
I got a hospital grade one from the hospital... ask your doctor if your hospital will give you one! It was super stretchy and could Velcro anywhere on it so very adjustable. I wore mine starting on day 2 and was still using it 6-8 weeks later because it was just so comfy to be all snugged in. I also bought a pair of maternity jeans (with the low under-belly band) that were the size of my regular jeans so once my actual maternity pants started falling down, I could still wear stretchy pants and not have my scar being rubbed by a waistband! (and not have to live in sweatpants)
ottomamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #19
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Best advice ever? Roll onto your side, then push yourself up with your arms to get out of bed.

I had an emergency CS with no heads up that it might be happening. Went into labor, they checked me at 7 cm, felt a foot and then the tornado hit. The CS itself is so strange. It felt like a huge man was sitting on my chest, and the epi was way better than the contractions I was having/ I felt like I would end up with a CS the whole time, and the most terrifying part was the epi.

Do not, under any circumstances, forget to take stool softeners and gas pills until you are completely regular.

You might have to sort of teach yourself to pee again after the catheter comes out. It was start and stop for the first few times... hehe, it took me 5 minutes to pee. Pooping was far easier, surprisingly.

I would do it again in a heartbeat though. I was in the hospital from Wed-Sat and by Sunday I could easily go up and down the steps (split level, so no choice) and sit on the floor then stand back up.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #20
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had a epi with DS so that doesn't bug me much. Just the unknown!! Lol