Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-04-2013, 10:04 PM   #11
Reuben Christopher
Registered Users
Formerly: unbreakableangel
seller

My Mood:
Re: Homebirth mamas and pain meds

http://www.1cascade.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=2133

A friend of mine took this.

Advertisement

ISO/IHA!
Reuben Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #12
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben Christopher
I want to bookmark this for later.
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:48 PM   #13
Mommy to Eli and Baby#2
Registered Users

You should also be aware that narcotic pain killers can cause constipation, which can worsen pain in that area. Vicious cycle!

I'd try the Tylenol and Advil combo and only go to something stronger if you really can't cope.
Mommy to Eli and Baby#2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:42 PM   #14
KaliShanti
Registered Users
seller

After ease is THE best for postpartum cramping.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #15
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Mama, I totally understand. I can't speak for getting a hold of stuff after a home birth but I totally support you in your desire to have it available. I am sure you are already well aware if the risks, in terms of bed sharing (and think its very important to note that room sharing provides a substantial portion of the benefits of bed sharing without the risks) and risks if addiction and such.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #16
mamaspice
Registered Users

This sounds like it wouldn't do much, but my midwife recommended homepathic arnica and it really helped with swelling and pain. Also they made me some sort of herbal tea to use as compresses and I used those and ice.

I think not sleeping is your normal body response so that you can care for a newborn's needs in those first few weeks. If you are taking anything to interfere with that or change your level of alertness I would have a second caregiver on hand.
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #17
mamaspice
Registered Users

I read your second post and I am wondeing if a post partum doula would be an option for you? Preferably one who is a IBLC?
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #18
Squeaky McMurdo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

After-Ease! I thought I was going to keel over and die from the weeks of afterpains with my second, but I put a few drops of afterease in my drinks after my third and the pain subsided within a few days. I also reccommend arnica for briusing and tears. Said third child decided to be born face first instead of tucking his chin so it was a mess down there but the arnica made things surprisingly not painful.

My ISO/IHA I'm looking for a Cosco Pronto cover in "Cars" preferably.
Squeaky McMurdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #19
ClemsonMama87
Registered Users
Formerly: macsmommy10
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaspice
This sounds like it wouldn't do much, but my midwife recommended homepathic arnica and it really helped with swelling and pain. Also they made me some sort of herbal tea to use as compresses and I used those and ice.

I think not sleeping is your normal body response so that you can care for a newborn's needs in those first few weeks. If you are taking anything to interfere with that or change your level of alertness I would have a second caregiver on hand.
The herbal tea compresses work wonders! I did sitz baths after my first (when I had a 3rd-degree tear) but the herbal compresses felt so much better (had a skidmark with #2)! All my midwife did was take some of those giant PP pads, poured homemade herbal tea on them, and put them in the freezer.

Last edited by ClemsonMama87; 11-17-2013 at 06:27 PM. Reason: update
ClemsonMama87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #20
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Mine we're not home births. Both where in the hospital w/midwives. DS 1 was stuck though & I was just exhausted so I opted for the c/section. I went home with Motrin 600's and refuse the Vicodin. Through an infected c/section wound, a cracked nipple & mastitis, it was enough- as LONG as I stayed on top of taking it.
So with DS two who was born quickly and "only" a second degree tear that required stitches Motrin was fine. Though I DO certianly wish they had offered Dermoplast or some herbal sitz treatment as well! I plan to have some on hand after Ds3's birth in feb.
E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote