Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #11
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Car seats...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisha622 View Post
I debated FOREVER before having my first baby a couple of years ago whether to get a True Fit (which is a convertible like a bucket but has no handle so you can't carry it like a bucket) or to just get a traditional bucket. In the end I got a bucket. I was really glad I did. I thought I would baby wear wayyy more than I do. But, then, I'm not your traditional "crunchy" mom either, tbh. I love cloth diapering, so I thought I would do a lot more other crunchy things, but I'm really an "in between mom" ... it's worked out well for us Anyyywayyys, babies fall asleep in their carseats a lot (or at least mine have... I also have them sleep in cribs from a young age, though, so they're used to not sleeping on me), and I'm always so thankful that I can go places and they can stay asleep without me having to wake them up to get them out. I just transfer the seat to a cart or a stroller (or my husband) and then I don't have to carry the big thing around. I have a blanket car seat cover that snaps to the handle that I LOVE... my baby would stay asleep in the seat forever because it was dark

So, my vote is that infant bucket seats are SO worth it... BUT it does somewhat depend what type of mom you end up being and how much you plan to go out with your little one and other things, and some of those things you can guess what you think you'll do and if you're like me, some of those things you won't know until you have the baby in your arms. (haha, how about that for a helpful answer )
I could have written exactly this response

We loved our Chicco Keyfit and used it until 14mo! It's also easier to travel with a bucket than a convertible. We also got tons of use out of our Keyfit Caddy, though if it were available at the time I would have gotten the Chicco Liteway Plus (umbrella, but the car seat can snap in as well).

Advertisement

Great customer service from:

Last edited by meljc; 11-06-2013 at 03:20 PM.
meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #12
mommy2makenzie
Registered Users
seller

I love this thread! Our old infant seat expired this December so it had to be thrown out. I had been debating between a convertible seat and the a new infant seat! Seems like such a waste to buy the infant seat for such a short period of time but I think it's going to be necessary.

Anxiously expecting #3 6/23/14!
mommy2makenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #13
Layney82
Registered Users
seller

The bucket was great to have with DS that first winter, but it was expensive and didn't last very long. We chose a Britax Chaperone and DS never found it very comfortable; when we moved him to a convertible seat at 6 months (he was 28" tall and outgrowing the bucket anyway) life got much happier for all of us in the car.

This time around, since we have to get all new seats for everyone to make 3 across work, I'm leaning towards skipping the buckets altogether and just using a stroller every time.
Old 11-11-2013, 02:56 AM   #14
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
We will use a bucket I'm in Alaska and it's cold here the seat protects them.

Also my local hospital I think requires the bucket seat to go home in

I will probably move my 8 mo old out of his britax bucket in time for the new baby to use it

My 8 mo old is only 13lbs

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #15
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Infant for sure IMO. Even it's just nice to be able to put the baby in the car seat and then put him in the car (you'll snap the seat into a base). I plan on babywearing lots too, but really infant seats are nice! There were times when we just could not get Lukie to sleep and took him for a drive and he would pass out, well, then we'd just bring him in the house and leave him in the car seat for a while so he'd get a good nap in.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #16
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki24 View Post
Infant for sure IMO. Even it's just nice to be able to put the baby in the car seat and then put him in the car (you'll snap the seat into a base). I plan on babywearing lots too, but really infant seats are nice! There were times when we just could not get Lukie to sleep and took him for a drive and he would pass out, well, then we'd just bring him in the house and leave him in the car seat for a while so he'd get a good nap in.
Oh man, I miss that! Now I try to have a book with me when I know DS is going to fall asleep in the car, because sometimes I have been stuck in there with him for over an hour when we get home

Great customer service from:

meljc is offline   Reply With Quote