Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-14-2013, 07:22 PM   #1
Hopefulily
Registered Users

My Mood:
Ultrasound

I all! I haven't posted in a long time but looking for anyone btdt. I had at us earlier this week. I was 35 w 4 d and they measured the baby at 7 pounds! I'm freaking out! I'm worried I'll have a ten pound baby by the time she arrives! Any words of wisdom?

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 11-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #2
Beaners_Mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulily
I all! I haven't posted in a long time but looking for anyone btdt. I had at us earlier this week. I was 35 w 4 d and they measured the baby at 7 pounds! I'm freaking out! I'm worried I'll have a ten pound baby by the time she arrives! Any words of wisdom?

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
At 35 weeks 2 days they estimated Baby D. to be 6 pounds 10 ounces. I'm fully expecting a 10 pound baby lol.

If it matters any, with my DD (born 02/08), they told me she'd be at least 11 pounds, possibly 12. She came out ( 5 days *late*) and was 9 pounds. It's not always right...can go either way.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:13 PM   #3
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Ultrasound

They're definitely not always accurate...they told DP at 38 wks that DD was at least 8.5#. She was born at 40+4 @ 7# 12 oz or something like that. A coworker had a similar experience where she had been told her DD was going to be 9+#, but only ended up being 6-something.

Don't get me wrong, I hope it works the other way for me & we're pleasantly surprised that ours are bigger than estimated (so if anybody wants to wish a little of their spare chub over this way, I won't complain!), but it always seem that they way overestimate baby weights.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:19 PM   #4
KaliShanti
Registered Users
seller

Late pregnancy ultrasounds are VERY often wrong by 2 lbs. I would not be concerned at all. As a birth doula, the hardest births I've attended were actually smaller, not larger babies, because they have more room to tilt the heads in weird positions. Seriously.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:53 PM   #5
greengranny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I totally believe that about the heads! Dgd was 6-4 and dd was in labor for 40 hours. Little booger had been head down for weeks, but she was turned sideways. She finally had a chiropractor adjust her after about 30 hours and baby turned face down.

Stacey, from iPhone using DS app
greengranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:52 AM   #6
mcveghead
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefulily
I all! I haven't posted in a long time but looking for anyone btdt. I had at us earlier this week. I was 35 w 4 d and they measured the baby at 7 pounds! I'm freaking out! I'm worried I'll have a ten pound baby by the time she arrives! Any words of wisdom? Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
Your body won't grow a baby you can't birth. You can do this. Think positive, affirming thoughts.

I had a 10 lb 2 oz baby all naturally and had only minimal "cosmetic" tearing. Just listen to your body.
mcveghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:36 AM   #7
chanelbarbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My baby is on target to be 12 pounds. That is too big for me. My 10 pound, 19 inch baby got stuck and caused a LOT of trauma to my body. I've had ultrasounds every 4 weeks the entire pregnancy so he's pretty much stayed right on his same growth curve. I start weekly ultrasounds with monitoring next week and that will prove to be interesting.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #8
leyash
Registered Users
seller

you can do it.

everyone here told me, "trust your body. trust your baby." at the time, i was like, "HA! YOU aren't the one pushing out a ten pound baby!"

but honestly, they are the wisest words ever. there's nothing you can do about baby's weight (except maybe cut back on sugar), so trust your body. trust that your body is doing what it was designed to do. trust that your baby knows what is going on, knows what to do, and everything will happen like it is supposed to.

my ds4 came at 39w on his own, at 9lbs 10oz, and he wasn't my biggest. i'm 5'5, and about 120 NOT pregnant, so it wasn't easy. did so without an epidural. you can do it!!!
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #9
miriamleigh
Registered Users

Avoid sugar and carbs like the plague, even if you don't have GD. Stick with good fats, and lots of veggies. Also get as much exercise as possible. Waddle around the block 10 times everyday. In any case, Late ultrasounds are really inaccurate. They estimated my last baby to be 6.5 lbs, and she was 9.9!
miriamleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:22 AM   #10
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

Those can be soooo off. Actually I had an ultrasound when I was 11 days over, with my 5th, and the doctor did it who specializes in this and said big big baby. 9.5 to 10 pounds. And I am 96 lbs and 5.2 prepregnancy. That night I had here at home and she was 8 lbs 2 ounces.

I know a girl in our town, was told early that the baby was what you were saying and they gave her c-sec. at 37 weeks saying the baby was already 9 pounds and baby was just over 6 pounds.

If your baby has long legs or long torso, those measurement can bounce the so called weight up. When indeed you just have a long baby not heavy baby.
Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote