Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #11
bpirof
Registered Users
seller

As weird as this sounds, I had to drink a glass of milk ASAP every morning or I would get sick... I needed a full stomach and that's all that would so it in the morning :-/. I had extreme morning sickness until 24 weeks :-(

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

bpirof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #12
BCsMom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Morning sickness remedies

All I want to eat is non-healthy stuff. Last night all I could stomach for dinner was eggs & toast. I actually want eggs all the time right now (first craving??). With DS, I went through a month or more early on where I just COULD NOT eat fresh vegetables, especially leafy greens. I wanted steak and fries! I have a great healthy lunch packed today (quinoa taco salad!) and I just do not want to eat it at all. I hate this.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #13
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm struggling through the day at this point.

I totally understand BCsmom- I am barely able to eat anything other than a dunkin donuts bagel with cream cheese and an iced tea for breakfast. It's horrible. I can be fine one minute and on the verge of throwing up the next. I was in the car driving to work this morning frantically looking for something to throw up in I'm definitely going to buy a plastic trash can tomorrow for my car.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #14
DDGoff
Registered Users

Has anyone read about the magnesium oil for morning sickness? I have my first appt with the nutrition/doula for my dr. next week so I can tell you what she says but from what I have read it is supposed to help absorb the pregnancy hormone which is what makes us sick.
DDGoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #15
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDGoff
Has anyone read about the magnesium oil for morning sickness? I have my first appt with the nutrition/doula for my dr. next week so I can tell you what she says but from what I have read it is supposed to help absorb the pregnancy hormone which is what makes us sick.
It's funny you posted this, I was just reading an article about magnesium. Let us know what she says... I'm really interested to see if that's a legitimate option. I'd be thrilled!!!!
Old 11-15-2013, 07:16 PM   #16
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm at the point where I don't feel sick if I make sure to eat. But NOTHING sounds good (except McDonalds breakfast ) So I'm choking down food all day so that my blood sugar stays up and I don't get the vomit feeling.

This sucks. Hugs to you all.
Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #17
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Same here. Nothing sounds good or taste good. :/ I am craving salty things! ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliabell View Post
I'm at the point where I don't feel sick if I make sure to eat. But NOTHING sounds good (except McDonalds breakfast ) So I'm choking down food all day so that my blood sugar stays up and I don't get the vomit feeling.

Old 11-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #18
BCsMom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliabell View Post

Yeah, I think I'm getting past the nausea but I'm definitely having trouble making myself eat. I had a slice of coffeecake for lunch. Does anyone have tips on the easiest, healthiest things to force down? Do I need to start drinking V8 (yuck!)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina2babyboys View Post
Same here. Nothing sounds good or taste good. :/ I am craving salty things! ???
Well, I craved salt with my DS so maybe it's a hint of a boy??
Old 11-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #19
sublime.mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Before you start feeling it, supplement magnesium. Magnesium deficincy is supposed to be a biggie and it's hard to get enough once you're throwing everything up. I only learned this during my most recent pregnancy so I've been supplementing and eating magnesium rich foods just in case of the next one.

Raw milkis supposed to be a good one for digesting easily and providing complete nutrition when nothing else stays down. If I had a reliable source my last pregnancy I would've done this one.

Of course, I suffered HG which is a while different beast than normal morning sickness. I couldn't even keep water or tea down (hospitalization for dehydration, twice in each pregnancy), not to mention any food, until I used a little medical pot.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #20
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Kelsey, I'm so sorry you're feeling awful. Have you tried taking B6? It's supposed to really help with the nausea. The liver has to work overtime when we're pregnant, and the toxins in the liver are what can cause morning sickness, so helping the liver work better with B6 can really help alleviate morning sickness. It really helped a friend of mine, and I've been taking it and have had very little nausea. The dosage is 25mg in the morning and 50mg before bed. Check your prenatal to see if there is any B6 in it already to make sure you aren't adding too much.

I can't swallow pills (thanks to gagging on too many prenatal horse pills when pregnant with my first), so I've been using this liquid: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20 It almost tastes good lol.