Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2013, 12:37 AM   #11
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:
Re: Omfg stfu go to sleep

UGH. Go. To. Sleep. LOL I just get in bed with the offending party. It's easier. So we basically have the "nobody sleeps alone/cries alone/whatevers alone unless they want it that way" thing going here. It's just easier for us. They usually outgrow this by the middle of elementary school. LOL

Advertisement

GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:48 AM   #12
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I finally weaned DD off of needing someone in the room - but now she asks me to sit on the steps, and I swear she can tell as soon as I get up and go downstairs.
Drink, tuck-in, blanky, friend, are the usual requests but last night she was in bed quietly for close to an hour and... Sobbing! I ran upstairs expecting that she had peed everywhere or broken a bone.
She wanted LOTION.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:57 AM   #13
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wow- I wonder if I bribe my 4 1/2 year old with a dollar each night he'd stop fussing if we don't lay with him?! Every night "please sleep with me, PLEASE!!" Hum. You are perfectly capable... He jut doesn't want to be alone. :/
An the 2 1/2 year old... He takes an hour and a half usually of fussing/trying to get in & out of bed. He KNOWS I will not let him out of bed! So I don't get it... We have a newbie due in Feb. I do not know how this is going to work!
I am going to suggest to DH later that we go to a few Goodwills today & see if we can fid a tv w/a DVD player on it for their room. :/ I KNOW TV before bed is bad & we had always stayed away from it, but Im getting desperate.
Please excuse iPhone typos!
E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:06 AM   #14
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh, I hate those nights! Last night my older two were nuts, so I told my three year old that he was responsible for putting himself and the two year old to bed. It was hilarious to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever View Post
Have you seen the book called "Go the **** to Sleep"? Very entertaining.
This is my go-to baby shower gift for close friends who are having their first baby.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #15
mommyria2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The night before last Dh and I were up with my 18mo from like 1-530 am. It was ridiculous. He went to bed ok but woke up a few hours later and did not want to go back to bed.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #16
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

DD was awesome about sleeping & bedtime until 3.5 And I get it, or at least I try to. We moved, she stopped DC (aka "school"), started staying home w/ me, and we shifted into high gear w/ the pregnancy all at the same time. It was quite a disruption for everyone, but of course DD it was worse. She stopped STTN, sometimes getting up 4 times a night. She started having difficulty falling asleep, even though she had been taking melatonin on & off for some time. Two nights ago, she was up until 11pm! Then of course she doesn't want to get up in the morning &wants a 3hr nap.

So I didn't let her nap yesterday, she fell asleep @7:30, & got up once in the middle of the night b/c she was cold. So I thik we're definitely going to have to limit naps. I'll miss the downtime during the day, but DD & DP have been in a pissing contest over bedtime for weeks & the only leverage I've had is to [threaten to] take something away from her, otherwise she'll be out of bed 45 times before falling asleep. Kiddo has never been clingy, so I feel for her, but I need kid-free time w/ DP on occasion to watch a show, talk about her job, etc.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #17
leyash
Registered Users
seller

yeah... ds4 (6.5mo) has decided he won't sleep unless he is sleeping on/with me. so, every night when i put him down, he screams/cries. then i nurse him and finally get him down after about an hour. then, he wakes up to eat later, and again... rinse repeat. i'm lucky to get 2 hours of sleep at night lately. super frustrating. :/
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #18
my5sons
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrseum View Post
Wow- I wonder if I bribe my 4 1/2 year old with a dollar each night he'd stop fussing if we don't lay with him?! Every night "please sleep with me, PLEASE!!" Hum. You are perfectly capable... He jut doesn't want to be alone. :/
An the 2 1/2 year old... He takes an hour and a half usually of fussing/trying to get in & out of bed. He KNOWS I will not let him out of bed! So I don't get it... We have a newbie due in Feb. I do not know how this is going to work!
I am going to suggest to DH later that we go to a few Goodwills today & see if we can fid a tv w/a DVD player on it for their room. :/ I KNOW TV before bed is bad & we had always stayed away from it, but Im getting desperate.
Please excuse iPhone typos!
We have done the tv/dvd deal at night out of desperation so you are NOT alone!! We did it with DS4 to keep him in bed and discontinued it after a few months. Now, DS 4 and DS5 share a room, and we are at it again...sigh. But DS5 is even worse in that when a movie ends he will come wake me up wailing " you GOT to press play!! "

So now I put a Baby Einstein video on repeat play in the hopes he'll stay in bed all night...hasn't worked yet...grrrr
Old 11-20-2013, 09:59 PM   #19
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by my5sons

We have done the tv/dvd deal at night out of desperation so you are NOT alone!! We did it with DS4 to keep him in bed and discontinued it after a few months. Now, DS 4 and DS5 share a room, and we are at it again...sigh. But DS5 is even worse in that when a movie ends he will come wake me up wailing " you GOT to press play!! "

So now I put a Baby Einstein video on repeat play in the hopes he'll stay in bed all night...hasn't worked yet...grrrr
Oh no! I told DS1 tonight "what if; you go to bed without me or daddy, and if you can get to sleep on your own, we will give you a dollar in the morning so that you can buy something you want?" "Really?! A dollar?!....but... I don't like to go to sleep alone, I like one of you with me..." :sigh:
Right now he goes to sleep in our room, and then when ds2 I finally asleep we move him to their room. Otherwise it's crazy! Today ds2 had a much needed nap, and didn't fall asleep until 11, even though we started trying to get him into bed @ 9:30. :/
E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote