Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
jandk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
False Labor Stinks!

Today is my due date!
I was up for 3 hours last night with 1 minute long contractions every 5 minutes. Just about the time I was ready to wake DH up, they started getting further and further apart until they stopped altogether. GRRRRR! I woke up this morning and noticed that I lost my mucous plug, so I guess some good came of it, and I am having quite a few contractions today, but they're not going anywhere.

Advertisement

Old 11-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #2
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: False Labor Stinks!

that's how my labor started. woke me up at 3:39am with a contraction. slow and steady, not regular, etc. then i lost my plug. then more ctx, all over the place. finally, 4 hours before he was born, they came hard and fast. every 2 mins til push time!
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #3
jandk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
that's how my labor started. woke me up at 3:39am with a contraction. slow and steady, not regular, etc. then i lost my plug. then more ctx, all over the place. finally, 4 hours before he was born, they came hard and fast. every 2 mins til push time!
Well, then, maybe this baby WILL come on his or her due date!!! I am SOOO ready to meet this baby!!!
This is the first experience I've ever had with the false labor. With all my other babies, I had occasional Braxton hicks if I stood up to fast or something. Then when labor actually started, it was really obvious. This time.... not so much.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #4
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
It pisses me off hard core! I thought for sure we were having a baby the other night and then nothing!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #5
leyash
Registered Users
seller

just think, maybe the more ctx you have now, the less there will be during real labor? o.O
Old 11-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #6
Silver)O(Moon
formerly 4boysMomma
seller

My Mood:

I have been doing that most nights for almost 3 weeks. I even have contractions that wake me up, keep me up for an hour or two, then stop. It stinks. I am due in 4 days. Third babies on up can make for a notoriously long first stage I am told. This is my 6th and he is taking his sweet time to be sure.
And wife to my amazing DH who supports me in all I do!
Silver)O(Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #7
leyash
Registered Users
seller

how's it going, op?
Old 11-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #8
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first I never had traditional consistent contractions. They alternated from min 1 to the last. I was waiting to the 5-1-1 and when I finally gave in and called them (i had lost the muscus plug though it didn't dawn on me at the time I just saw blood) I was alternating between 5 minute between 1 minute long and 3 minutes between 1m+ long for a while. I think it's good, it kept me home longer maybe but frustrating. They were consistent in there own way though
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote