Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-02-2013, 09:09 AM   #31
mommy2makenzie
Registered Users
seller

Re: Maternity clothes anyone?

I went and tried on maternity pants at Old Navy and Motherhood this weekend. I was so, so disappointed! I'm not ready to be in full panel pants yet so I wanted the under the belly or Demi panel ones. The work pants at Motherhood were either completely spandex (gross) or so, so low in the front! Just because they're not a full panel, doesn't mean they need to be low rise with a 1" zipper! The pants at ON were better, but still not what I was looking for. Tight in the thighs but if the thighs fit, the waist was too big; just a funny fit. I did really like their skinny jeans though so I'll definitely be ordering those soon!

Then I got home and the package I'd won off ebay was in the mail. Two pairs of Gap maternity pants, both brand new with tags both with an adjustable waistband just like my kids wear! It was genius and they fit PERFECT!! Yah!! I might be getting the rest of my mat clothes from Gap!

Advertisement

Anxiously expecting #3 6/23/14!
mommy2makenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #32
mommy2makenzie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by VibrantBlue View Post
Does anyone have favourite maternity jeggings? My faves are from true religion, but I don't want to spend $$ on something that I'm going to outgrow, ykwim?
No, but if you find some, I'd love to know!! I've heard the Hue leggings from Nordstroms are amazing and work well even as maternity, but I'm afraid to buy them ( I think they're in the $45 price range) and only be able to wear them for a couple months. I refuse to wear ones that are too thin or cut me in half uncomfortably!

Old 12-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #33
luvsgreen
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I desperately need some new pants. mine are all way to b ig on me, and any pressure on on belly makes me throw up. ON are too big, and Gap up here doesn't sell mat clothes, and Thyme is so darn expensive. I am too wary to buy online, in case they don't fit and returning is always a PITA. Soon I will have to bite the bullet and get something. I am tired of having nothing to wear.

Handmade rustic home decor ~ https://www.facebook.com/asinglesparrow
luvsgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #34
activia
Registered Users

My Mood:

GAP didn't have Maternity where I went..

I went to Macy's and bought a pair of jeans and one pair of dress pants (motherhood). They have spandix and believe it or not they stay up right now and plenty of room to grow (they are low cut no zipper/buttons..My hips keep them up). They were really comfy.. I hate skinny jeans as my legs are not built "skinny" (never ever have...it's genetic). I like my jeans loose on my legs...I feel like I'm suffocating when they are skin tight..drive me nuts. They are more comfortable then my other jeans with the bellaband so I am wearing them now.

Since I work from home 4 days a week those 2 pairs will suit me just fine...at home I just wear sweats low.

I also got 9 tops from old navy..they were really cheap (50% off -- between $7-$15 a top) including a sweater and a few tangs for the summer. I also got 2 nice tops on clearance at Macy's... they were expensive even on clearance but they really look good on me and I'm totally going to wear them now when I go in the office. I also got a couple of sweaters (buy one get one 75%) from Macy's as well which I like. I did buy one "novelty" item as I was already wondering what I was going to wear for Christmas. I found this cute pregnancy T.

I should be good for my pregnancy wardrobe until the 3rd trimester...then I'll need at least one pair of shorts....which I'll likely need post-pardum..we'll see
Old 12-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #35
lisha622
Registered Users
seller

I asked for a bunch of Maternity shirts for Christmas because I hate buying them Does Old Navy have maternity clothes in store? I thought they only had them online but your posts lead me to believe they have them in store.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #36
luvsgreen
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Our ON's have them in store but not online. But that is Canada.

Handmade rustic home decor ~ https://www.facebook.com/asinglesparrow
luvsgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #37
activia
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisha622 View Post
I asked for a bunch of Maternity shirts for Christmas because I hate buying them Does Old Navy have maternity clothes in store? I thought they only had them online but your posts lead me to believe they have them in store.
There was a small section in the store I went to. I don't buy clothes online (the only thing I don't!)...I like to try them on.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #38
mommy2makenzie
Registered Users
seller

Our ON sells a limited selection in the store so I was able to at least try them on for size prior to ordering. I WISH Gap sold them in the stores. I LOVE their clothes, but I hate ordering maternity clothes online. There's nothing worse than having to return items online IMO.