Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-05-2007, 12:40 AM   #1
Registered Users
Really, what's the point of dc?

So, I shipped to an APO address with dc. The package says enroute like it has for over six weeks now. I finally refunded the mama. So, if you pay for dc and the package never arrives and you refund, what good was paying for dc? I feel like I could have at least saved that money to put towards the refund. I called the PO and they were just like, well if it says enroute it's enroute. But how many weeks can you ask someone to wait for a package?

I mean, the only way I see dc being of any benefit is if someone's package never gets there and you just say too bad I'm not refunding? Does anyone do that? Couldn't you then get negative feedback?

Stacey... momma to DD (6yrs), DS (4yrs), and DD (2yrs)
paintedbison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:44 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Really, what's the point of dc?

That sucks that your package got lost mama! I've had that happen to me as a buyer in the past, and it's never fun.

I buy DC because if someone decides to try to pull a fast one on me and say, "Oh, I never got my item, I want my money back," I'll have the DC saying when it was recieved. It goes the other way too, if a customer is waiting for a package and doesn't believe I shipped, I can give them the DC as proof.

But if it were a 6 week wait like with your sitch, I'd refund. Who knows, the package might show up tomorrow!

P.S. My shipping costs always include DC. It's an extra 75 cents, but hey, it's worth it IMO.
Jill mom to Jacob and Jameson
HBAC Warrior!
Check out The Mushroom Tree, specializing in mama cloth and upcycled woolies!
hippydippymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:23 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Really, what's the point of dc?

DC to an APO will often say they are delivered when they get to the military postal service and not the person. But if it is still enroute it may still be sitting somewhere and turn up yet. I would have refunded too in this situation.
Mama to J 12/05 and K 07/11
Mommyk8 is offline   Reply With Quote