Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #11
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

My doctors/nurses said no stairs for the first two weeks...even wanted to know how many steps to get into the house. When we got home dh moved all baby stuff downstairs. We had everything upstairs in the babies' room. He brought down all the diapers, changing table and clothes. I can only think of one time I went up the stairs in that timeframe and it was because we wanted to do so e pics in their cribs.

This time I'm not going to be able to do all of that b/c at the very least I have to go get the 3 year olds in the morning and take them back in the evenings. But I'll definitely plan to not be carrying a big kid or baby on the stairs and be extra careful.

Advertisement

Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #12
becky1231
Registered Users

I was given a weight restriction but was never told no stairs....
Old 12-23-2013, 05:32 PM   #13
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
My Mood:
Re: Two story house

I was told stairs once a day. Yes, the first few days home were pretty painful, but after that not to much pain.
rumblepurr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:44 PM   #14
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisu View Post
I'm really curious about how common that is. All my doctor ever told me was to stop doing something if it hurt. Maybe she doesn't like me very much.
aww I was delivered by 3 different Dr's for my four kids and the Dr's that did my c/s all said no stairs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke789 View Post
My doctors/nurses said no stairs for the first two weeks...even wanted to know how many steps to get into the house. When we got home dh moved all baby stuff downstairs. We had everything upstairs in the babies' room. He brought down all the diapers, changing table and clothes. I can only think of one time I went up the stairs in that timeframe and it was because we wanted to do so e pics in their cribs.

This time I'm not going to be able to do all of that b/c at the very least I have to go get the 3 year olds in the morning and take them back in the evenings. But I'll definitely plan to not be carrying a big kid or baby on the stairs and be extra careful.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #15
ivparker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I heard no stairs was old school c sections. Now they say don't do it if it hurts. I think they are realizing everyone is different. I've had 5 c-sections, 3 different drs told me the same thing.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #16
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mine never said anything about stairs, either. Come to think of it, they also never said anything about lifting anything, just to "take it easy", not to be afraid to use the pain meds, & no driving for two weeks, which I couldn't even manage.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #17
FrozenBooty
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Don't do anything that hurts, don't lift anything heavier than baby other than that don't drive till you don't need the pain meds. I lived on a split level entry with my first did stairs regularly. My second I went Black Friday shopping 3 days after being released then flew from Alaska to DC with 2 kids 10 days after having baby. My third I barely slowed down. That said I camp out on my couch with my newborns everything they need around me. I just like my one on one time with them.

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #18
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine told me to limit stairs, I couldn't have done them anyway. It's 8 stairs just to get into my house and that alone just about killed me. I stayed on 1 level for two weeks. Then I started venturing up and down the stairs but no more than once a day for another week. Stairs were really tough for me. Of course I was also told not to lift anything over 10lbs. Which was a little tough because my son was 11 and a half. When I asked the DR what to do about that, he laughed to and said just don't lift him from to far down, and try not to carry him further than you have to. And no carrying him in the car seat. They also told me not to vacuume, mop, or do to much bending and they were right. I tried, it was a dumb mistake. Hurt so bad! They said to get up and move all I wanted/could but watch the motion.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:31 AM   #19
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With both of my bio kiddos, I just stayed upstairs. Most of the time, I didn't get out of bed...just rested. I wasn't even c section! DH was here the first week and got me food, and his mom came the second week when he went back to work. I'm lame, but I was perfectly happy to sit in bed and nurse and watch TV all day. Most days I didn't even get out of bed til 1.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:32 AM   #20
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With both of my bio kiddos, I just stayed upstairs. Most of the time, I didn't get out of bed...just rested. I wasn't even c section! DH was here the first week and got me food, and his mom came the second week when he went back to work. I'm lame, but I was perfectly happy to sit in bed and nurse and watch TV all day. Most days I didn't even get out of bed til 1.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote