Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #11
mommy2makenzie
Registered Users
seller

Re: 2nd Trimester

Told the kids, my inlaws and my parents this week! All we have left is my grandparents, my uncle and my brother, who we'll tell on Sunday. Everyone is very excited for us! I was SO nervous about telling my parents, but even their reaction was way better than I anticipated! The kids were quiet about it at first, but they seem to be saying more and more about it every day. DD will be 6 in a few weeks and DS is 3 so I think once I start showing more and they can see and feel baby move around in my tummy, they'll really understand. DS told me it was a baby girl and her name was "Bone". LOL Sorry buddy, that's not going to happen!

Advertisement

Anxiously expecting #3 6/23/14!
mommy2makenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:11 PM   #12
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchamberlain
We're out with it! My kids actually linked elbows and danced in a circle, chanting, "We're gonna have a baby! We're gonna have a baby!" They're psyched.

Yes, the BOOOOOBS! OW! Just started last week, and holy cow. Hubby actually went to the local bra boutique and told me to pick out whatever I wanted to support his new enormous girls. He is enamored with them...sigh. :smile:

My nighttime nausea, heartburn, horrible taste in my mouth is finally disappearing. Only to make way for headaches. I had an aura with a migraine last night. The last time I had one was with my second pregnancy. Anybody get these? They freak me out.

I never get headaches and now I have a headache all day. What helps you all?

Isn't it nice to know we're aaaaaalmost halfway there?! Yay!
So cute that your kids did this and were so excited!!
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #13
mommy2makenzie
Registered Users
seller

Finally have a followup doctor's appt on Monday. I haven't been since 8 weeks and although I don't have any concerns, it'll be nice to get the reassurance of the heartbeat because I'm not feeling any consistent movements yet! And still, other than my sore boobs, I'm feeling pretty fantastic!

Spent a lot of time on my feet over the holidays cooking (and eating) and have the scale is reflecting in my indulgences! Whoops!

Old 12-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #14
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am 15 weeks 4days and I feel like there is no hiding it anymore.

Last week was the last time I had a nausea day. I am feeling great. I can feel this baby move sooner than with my 1st! 1st baby I felt at 17 weeks and this baby I felt at 13 weeks 2 days!
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #15
activia
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B View Post
I am 15 weeks 4days and I feel like there is no hiding it anymore.

Last week was the last time I had a nausea day. I am feeling great. I can feel this baby move sooner than with my 1st! 1st baby I felt at 17 weeks and this baby I felt at 13 weeks 2 days!

I am loving the second trimester. I feel so much better! I have actually started cleaning this house and getting ready for the baby. Eating is so much easier and I've started cooking dinner again! I feel movement a few times a day, I already got to find out the sex, and next week I get to see the baby!! The only symptoms I really have is that since my front is getting so much heavier my back hurts if I stand/walk for long periods of time. Exercise is next on my list to get motivated on!!

I also signed up for my hypnobirthing classes starting Feb 9th! I'm very excited about that and hope it will help DH get more into it.. He still doesnt even want to touch my belly at this point... it takes him a long time to deal with change so I'm trying to make sure he's still at least progressing...
Old 12-30-2013, 12:26 PM   #16
revolekim
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm 15w3d and I'm still having nearly constant nausea and food aversions. I've never been sick this long before . I think it's because DD still isn't sleeping through the night so I'm just worn out. She's also showing no interest in weaning and my boobs are getting sore. I kind of just wish my milk would go ahead and dry up. Hoping the second trimester kicks in for me soon!

Liz , wife to Mike and semi-crunchy mama to 4 little ones: Gehrig the Jedi Knight (04/08), Logan a.k.a. "Pigpen" (06/10), princess pumpkin Katie Rose (10/12), and chipmunk Lexi (06/14)
::::::
revolekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #17
activia
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolekim View Post
I'm 15w3d and I'm still having nearly constant nausea and food aversions. I've never been sick this long before . I think it's because DD still isn't sleeping through the night so I'm just worn out. She's also showing no interest in weaning and my boobs are getting sore. I kind of just wish my milk would go ahead and dry up. Hoping the second trimester kicks in for me soon!

So Sorry! It was sometime during the 15W that I felt better..and it was a slow process from 12W on of a few days or hours of relief sprinkled in.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:07 PM   #18
revolekim
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by activia
So Sorry! It was sometime during the 15W that I felt better..and it was a slow process from 12W on of a few days or hours of relief sprinkled in.
Thanks! I managed to cook dinner tonight without feeling the need to puke so I'm making progress!

Liz , wife to Mike and semi-crunchy mama to 4 little ones: Gehrig the Jedi Knight (04/08), Logan a.k.a. "Pigpen" (06/10), princess pumpkin Katie Rose (10/12), and chipmunk Lexi (06/14)
Old 01-04-2014, 01:46 PM   #19
mommy2makenzie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolekim View Post
Hopefully you get to feeling better soon! Do you plan to tandem nurse?

Old 01-04-2014, 02:16 PM   #20
revolekim
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2makenzie
Hopefully you get to feeling better soon! Do you plan to tandem nurse?
Thanks! No, I'm hoping to wean her in the next couple of months . I would be weaning her already (she's almost 15 months), but I want to try to get through sick season first.