Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2007, 08:10 AM   #1
renfairemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
going back to work.. not a pumper here~~

hi mamas!!

Ds is 11 months here and due to financial issues this mama is going to have to go back to work. Ive never left him with anyone yet! And it looks like hes going to have to be with a sitter for a few hours a day (wed do the split shift thing) I threw my resume out to one place and they called me the next day to interview. Ive not worked for 2 years, so I was shocked they called me. lol. I am just not a pumper and I dont want to wean quite yet. I am wondering how I cut nursing sessions down so that I wont need to pump while I am working. Id be working 2nd shift and want to nurse him when I got home and continue to nurse during the day. He is eating more solids, but this kid loves his breastmilk still. lol Any tips here?
thanks!!!

Advertisement

Old 09-05-2007, 08:14 AM   #2
moobiegirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: going back to work.. not a pumper here~~

i just started work again for the school year. this time though ds is eating solids. i nurse before leaving...he eats breakfast...he eats lunch...he drinks water and juice from a sippy...then i pick him up and nurse. we continue to nurse the rest of the night. i don't push giving him a solid dinner. the days that i do give him a full dinner, i find that he wakes up more during the night to nurse. i am pumping at work once a day. just enough to get like four ounces so he has the option of milk while at school but he hasn't really wanted it. but it's only been one week. maybe next week will be different. good luck!
moobiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:28 AM   #3
kissum
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: going back to work.. not a pumper here~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by moobiegirl View Post
i nurse before leaving...he eats breakfast...he eats lunch...he drinks water and juice from a sippy...then i pick him up and nurse. we continue to nurse the rest of the night. i don't push giving him a solid dinner. !
Only I have a girl. DD still nurses a ton, and before I went back to work this summer was hardly eating any solids. It's a rough transition, but she is doing great now! I started out pumping, but quit recently. We nurse in the am, and sometimes in the car when I drop her off. I pick her up, we nurse in the car before going home, and then nurse all night long.

Last edited by kissum; 09-05-2007 at 08:34 AM.
kissum is offline   Reply With Quote