Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #11
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralbear View Post
I love the sleep bra. That's what I've been living in for the first 8 weeks. Or I wear nursing tanks when I go out. The clipping and unclipping gets very annoying though. Have a couple nursing bras but none of them fit comfortably at all. Any recommendations of a good bra or a public nursing system?
I very very rarely used nursing bras. I just wore bras with a softer cup that I could pull down to nurse. And I wore regular camis over that and just pulled them down as well. I too was not a fan of clipping and unclipping.

Advertisement

Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #12
MagnoliaWhisper
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Buy nursing bras before or after delivery?

I love sleep bras too. BUT, I am very large breasted, weather or not I'm nursing. When not nursing I'm around a H cup, when nursing I'm around a J cup. So.....wearing "nursing tanks" with out a structured bra...well it's not for public! lol haha Most "shelf" bras in tanks do NOT fit me. I'm busting out all over them, no matter how large I go with them.

But, I took a class here in my town, to make my own bras. The lady who taught it, she hand drafted my pattern, and made the cup size adjustable...depending on where I set the hooks for the cup, it can go 2 sizes larger, so it's a three cup size bra. VERY helpful!

She travels all over America teaching bra classes. I live in Kansas, where her store is, but she goes to California and Washington ALL the time to teach her classes, and all over, where ever people ask and pay for her to come. Even cruises! (she mainly teaches people how to make regular bras, but again she can teach nursing bra making too, but mostly people hire her to come teach regular bra classes-for women's type groups/clubs). Any way....I loved it!
MagnoliaWhisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #13
elbarriomama
Registered Users
seller

buy one or two cheap ones (I got some cheap while pregnant at Burlington Coat Factory) in advance for the first week or two and then after your milk production regulates, get a real bra fitting and buy some nicer ones.
It's impossible to know your true size before you have the baby and while you are engorged early on, but it's SUPER important to have something that works as a supportive nursing bra in those first few days when everything is tender and leaky!
elbarriomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #14
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbarriomama View Post
buy one or two cheap ones (I got some cheap while pregnant at Burlington Coat Factory) in advance for the first week or two and then after your milk production regulates, get a real bra fitting and buy some nicer ones.
It's impossible to know your true size before you have the baby and while you are engorged early on, but it's SUPER important to have something that works as a supportive nursing bra in those first few days when everything is tender and leaky!
Exactly this. I got a couple Target bras for the first week, then went and was fitted for a good one after that.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:36 PM   #15
4MileLove
Registered Users

My Mood:

I agree, sleep bras and nursing tanks are a safe bet.
4MileLove is offline   Reply With Quote