Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #1
7mom7
Registered Users

ADHD and bed wetting?

Our doctor mentioned a correlation between ADHD and bed wetting a while back. Is this true for any other mamas of ADHD kiddos? DS will be 6 in March. We put him in a pull-up every night and he will sometimes pee through that. His younger brother has been dry at night since before we potty trained him.

We can't restrict water at night due to medical issues but I'm just curious if other ADHD kids struggle with the same thing.

Advertisement

7mom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #2
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: ADHD and bed wetting?

My ADHD daughter does not. But my son won't be dry at 6, I guarantee it. Boys also often are later than girls. Our ped doesn't worry til boys are 9.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #3
7mom7
Registered Users

Good to know! My other son is totally opposite of our first in every way. I hate to compare them but it's so hard not to. He wants to sleep in undies like his little brother but I'm not up for cleaning up messes and washing sheets every day.
7mom7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #4
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
My DS wets every night. We use pull ups, hisDr isn't worried
Old 12-19-2013, 02:06 AM   #5
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DD is ADHD and PDD-Nos and is still bedwetting at age 10 almost 11. I am officially diagnose ADD but probably had H in there as a child but not sure. I bedwet til very late also. But as with everything I think it is a connection for some and not others.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:07 AM   #6
ralenth
Registered Users

My oldest has aspergers, ADHD, and anxiety. He still wets the bed, and wets straight through the good nights we buy. It sucks. He's 12. He's suppose to go to environmental camp in April, and it worries me. We've tried ddavp in the past, I guess we will try it again.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #7
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My oldest has a long list of issues including possible ADHD, he does not bed wet (he was night dry long before he was potty learned, he didn't potty learn till 5). He is PDD NOS we can't tell if the issues we think are ADHD are actually part of the PDD NOS or not. My youngest also has a possible ADHD diagnosis but we know he is bipolar, he is still bedwetting at 8. We had a break at 7.5 for about 4 or 5 months but he is back to it. I think his casein intolerance may also be related. When I was super strict about no milk products he didn't wet the bed, we have been more careless lately and he is wetting again.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:40 PM   #8
eracheld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My 6yo ADHD DS may wet the bed once every 6mos or so, but I think that is more related to other meds he takes, not the ADHD or ADHD meds. He has an immune deficiency and when he gets sick he has to take a crazy amount of meds for his lungs and sinuses. So when he can finally sleep he just knocks out and doesn't even wake up to pee. He will even tell you that he didn't pee and that he just woke up soaking wet, he has no clue what even happened.

Sorry I totally just went off on a tangent, but to answer your question, no I don't think for us the ADHD and occasional bed wetting have anything to do with each other.

Scentsy team!
eracheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #9
doodah
Registered Users
seller

We are currently looking into an ADHD diagnosis for my second child. She is still regularly having accidents at 4.5. I feel this is related to her special needs. I have worked with young kids for 6 years exclusively as a daycare provider and I am a mom of four so I have experienced enough to know that her struggle is not normal.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 06:50 PM   #10
Suzi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Dd, not sn, was day trained at 2 but wet the bed at night regularly until she was 6, maybe once a month when she was 7 and now we are down to a couple of times a year. Ds who has significant special needs (classically autistic and ADHD) stopped wetting the bed at night 2.5 but wasn't day trained until 4.

Last edited by Suzi; 12-29-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Suzi is offline   Reply With Quote