Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2007, 08:00 AM   #1
2babiesndiaps
Banned

Another envelope budgeting q

If I need to spend $ on medicine and its not budgeted (envelope system) what do I take it out of. I have a small misc category but itís not enough (30 for the month 15 per paycheck and the meds were 30)
I can take 15 from misc but I still have 15 that will end up coming out of the food category and that
Any ideas? Iíve been cruising with the Dave Ramsey envelope idea for a while, but this one has always stumped me, so Iím wondering how others are doing it.

Advertisement

2babiesndiaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:19 AM   #2
Mommy2Cadence
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Another envelope budgeting q

I would look into to adding a little more to your misc envelope. Other than that if you can spare from food money do that.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:54 AM   #3
wimama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would say for now use misc envelope for now.

I am going to try to fund a medical envelope. I am planning on using that envelope for the doctors visits, copays, dentist and prescriptions.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:30 AM   #4
2babiesndiaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimama View Post
I would say for now use misc envelope for now.

I am going to try to fund a medical envelope. I am planning on using that envelope for the doctors visits, copays, dentist and prescriptions.
We have one, but it is only for the expected things. I guess I could try to keep more $ in it though We're desperately wanting to get out of debt so we can save a large down payment and Move from here (or even rent) but no w/d or outside is killing me with my 2 LOs and I think I overheard that the manegar has just changed which means that I'll be looking sooner, but the problem is, it is so cheap and safe and relatively clean and w/o bugs and we don't pay utilities, so finding anything comparable in this area probably won't happen! Rant over- sorry I'm doing that a lot today!

If I can't scootch things around I might have to take from our emergency fund More incentive to scootch
Old 09-05-2007, 11:45 AM   #5
wimama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hear about wanting to move. I was nice big apartment at a great rent before moving to our house. The interest rates were still pretty low when we moved, so we went for it.

Your apartment sounds nicer than our was. It was an old 3 flat with no insulation and on the top floor. It had all sorts of little visitors. We had mice, wasps, and an occasional bat that would make its way into the apartment. My cats loved the apartment, but I didn't. Also, it had a really scary basement where our washer and dryer were. I hated doing laudry there.

Even with all the drawbacks, sometimes I still miss that low rent though.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:35 PM   #6
2babiesndiaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimama View Post
I hear about wanting to move. I was nice big apartment at a great rent before moving to our house. The interest rates were still pretty low when we moved, so we went for it.

Your apartment sounds nicer than our was. It was an old 3 flat with no insulation and on the top floor. It had all sorts of little visitors. We had mice, wasps, and an occasional bat that would make its way into the apartment. My cats loved the apartment, but I didn't. Also, it had a really scary basement where our washer and dryer were. I hated doing laudry there.

Even with all the drawbacks, sometimes I still miss that low rent though.
Yeah our rent is great, the space is decent for a 2 bedroom in this area, bugs are minimal most of the time (ants, black things and an occasional ROACH ), the laundry stinks. In a nasty old basement across the street up a set of stairs to another set of stairs into a basement for 2 washer/dryers. Or there are others with 5 w/d, but then we have to get into the car and then do I leave the kids in the car (I can see them) or not. And if I don't there are two steps that it is a pain to get the stroller down because they are at a perpendicular angle with the door!
I need to get us out of here and don't know how!!! Except what we are doing. I'm just sick and bummed after being gone for a week and a half. Plus there was a house that was just put on the market at my parents house that would be perfect and was redone, but they are asking too much. But it's got 5 acres. Not that DH would a) be able to find a job there or b)even agree to look in the area!
Don't mind me rambling tho!