Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-02-2013, 04:27 AM   #51
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pagan families thread!

Thanks for the suggestions. I know without hesitation that Wicca is the path I'm drawn to, and I seem to be drawn toward the Greek pantheon (and particularly to the Goddess Artemis). I've done a fair amount of reading, including Cunningham's Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner and Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft. I've also read a couple other intro/how to books.. and have moreless pulled info from the various sources to create some basic rituals and practices that work for me. I feel like I have a basic knowledge and have been practicing some solitary ritual work, but have a hunger to deepen my knowledge. I guess what I'm after is a deeper understanding, beyond whats found in the basic how to type books. I've also read Grimassi's Wiccan Mysteries which was a little more of what I'm looking for, but that work is questionable and receives a lot of criticism (still has some great info, but definitely some flaws in terms of historical references and such).

Advertisement

Old 12-02-2013, 06:32 AM   #52
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think you might find looking into Gardner, he is the one who basically invented Wicca, while it comes from many sources, he is the first to time them together in the way he did. There is a great documentary I recently saw on him that might be interesting to you

I am not sure how to word this, but looking at that book, I think it will be hard to suggest to you other books. I think if you go to the sources of other pagan magic and history, you can get some answers, but the problem is that in the end, it all goes to Gardner and how he pulled things and from where he pulled them. He was heavily involved with Ceremonial Magick and that is a place to get some good history, because there are books that talk about where they have taken things from and so on. But on the whole, I think modern Wicca, is hard to truly trace because it is so fluid and individual. Learning the history of others can help a lot. But I think doing and being a part of ritual can also help to find what ways you want to go and what is your individual truth. It is hard to explain, but I hope that helps at all.
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #53
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just thought I'd drop by this thread and see how everyone's Yule was? Ours was great.. my older kiddos (7 yos) and I attended a group ritual which was fantastic. I'm also looking forward to celebrating the New Moon which lands on New Years day (I find that to be pretty cool, since New Year's is traditionally a time of banishing the negative and starting fresh).

And just curious if anyone has any Pagan music suggestions (preferably available on iTunes).. Spiral Rhythm is my current favorite, but I'd love to expand my collecton of Pagan music.
Old 12-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #54
kaydove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaBirch View Post
Just thought I'd drop by this thread and see how everyone's Yule was? Ours was great.. my older kiddos (7 yos) and I attended a group ritual which was fantastic. I'm also looking forward to celebrating the New Moon which lands on New Years day (I find that to be pretty cool, since New Year's is traditionally a time of banishing the negative and starting fresh).

And just curious if anyone has any Pagan music suggestions (preferably available on iTunes).. Spiral Rhythm is my current favorite, but I'd love to expand my collecton of Pagan music.
I forgot that the new moon is on new year's day! I've been wanting to do things around the moon phases sp this will be cool that it coincides.

I didn't do anything for yule and Christmas was chill because we just moved to Mexico.
Unfortunately I haven't done much for the sabbats in so long because we've been either staying with family or moving. Last year was rough, my dh was laid off for 8 months, we moved from San Diego to Oregon to Seattle to Guadalajara, Mexico all in one year! I need some serious cleansing of bad energy!

ISO: free or cheap shipping to or within Mexico.
kaydove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:11 PM   #55
Sageac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

AHHHH... I didn't even see this til today, so excited, have not read through just wanted to say "I fit here" and I'll get caught and introduce myself when I get back from making a fire. <3 :wub <3

Minimal, Communal, Earthy, Crafty Loving Single-Mama to C E : R and baby D
Sageac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:58 AM   #56
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Anyone have any plans to celebrate tonight's New Moon? Not only is it a new moon, its a "Black Moon", meaning its the 2nd new moon in the month of January (January 1st was also a new moon), and on top of that, it's also a Super Moon.. meaning the moon is closer to the Earth than normal.. which makes this a particular powerful night to get rid of negativity in our lives.

Personally, I'm spending some time today creating a solitary ritual for myself.. I have a few things I need to let go of. Its time to shed my guilt and shame and unrealistic expectations and "hopes" surrounding my relationship with my father, my separation/divorce from my ex husband, and my decision to give my ex primary placement of my 2 oldest kids. I feel like guilt, shame, and fear tend to rule my life, my decisions, and my emotions.. and I figure tonight is a great opportunity to release some of that ick.

...And this thread really needs a bump.. I want to chat with you guys
Old 01-30-2014, 09:54 PM   #57
Sageac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH and I are turning in his first professional resume and have the cauldron out to burn some hope-notes. (with sage and a little tobacco)
You ok? that's a lot to cut, what are you replacing it with?

Last edited by Sageac; 01-30-2014 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:22 PM   #58
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm okay.. just been struggling with the feelings surrounding the above mentioned issues. In letting go of the past, I'm shifting my focus to whats right in my life and my assets. Its time to let go of these things that have been holding me back.. my work tonight is really an extension of what I did on January 1st, just focused on a few lingering pieces of my past that have been plaguing me. I think I'll use the Full moon on Feb 14 as an opportunity to do some more ritual work surrounding my assets.

I know I've mentioned elsewhere on this site that I'm in recovery, so my ritual work has been an extension of where I'm at in my stepwork.

I also came up with an affirmation I'm adding to my morning routine.. Its written on birch bark and has a home on my bedroom mirror

Last edited by LunaBirch; 01-30-2014 at 10:27 PM.
LunaBirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:41 PM   #59
Sageac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's a good idea. Years ago when I was looking for inspiration I found a small book titled "good spells for prosperity"... I think it was a volume out of a set. Several of the ideas in it helped me move past difficulty I was ready to release.

As for me, a couple months ago I set intentions toward inviting the dream job for dh. Yestrday found the listing on CL and he sent his resume. Energy is high here and we are so excited about hearing back fromthem. How are you feeling today?

Old 02-01-2014, 11:48 PM   #60
neonalee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hello! I hold pagan beliefs but don't practice actual rituals. My son is 3.5 so I'm trying to start introducing him to my beliefs. I've been reading Pooka's Pages to him, if anyone has heard of that site. And we have 2 books about a rabbit named Rupert and the wheel of the year. It's small but it's a start. Anyone else have young kids they are trying to teach?

Sent from my phone using DS Forum
neonalee is offline   Reply With Quote