Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2014, 11:27 AM   #1
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
San Diego Hotel for a large family

We are wanting to go to San Diego one more time before we move cross country in March. Only I am having a hard time finding a hotel. We have one more kiddo than last time we went, and then the twins were old enough to sleep in pack n plays then as well.

Any ideas? The travel websites are making me a little crazy.

Advertisement

Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:46 AM   #2
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: San Diego Hotel for a large family

I have found that I have to call hotels cause they don't post their bigger rooms a lot of the time. Like when we are on the road we usually stay at Holiday Inn cause they actually have rooms for big familes (for a reasonable price) but they aren't online. Its cheaper then trying to get 2 rooms and cheaper as well. I know the last time we stayed they has a room with 2 queens, plus a fold out double couch and they had a crib there as well and it was only around $100- plus free breakfast If you don't like H.I. most hotels are the same way
Old 01-30-2014, 08:38 AM   #3
7 for now
Registered Users
seller

We always stay at Marriott properties because DH uses them for work and is a platinum elite member. We get our rooms for free. Residence Inn has 2 bedroom suites, Townplace Suites has 2 bedroom suites also as does Springhill Suites. You can also get adjoining rooms at other properties. We usually stay at Residence Inn. We request a portable crib. In addition to the 2 bedrooms they have a sleeper sofa also.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
7 for now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:47 PM   #4
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

812--I had no idea! I have been struggling for years.

7--good idea! My husband has a rewards card as well, but we usually use the free nights for weekends away!
Mom to: Clover (9) Violet (8), Twins; Scarlet & Ryland (6) & Thistle (2) #6 DUE Jan 2016 I write romance novels!
thekuligs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:39 AM   #5
Southernbelle
Registered Users
seller

Our favorite is the Homewood suites. It's a little more pricey, but it's a one bedroom suite with either a king or two queens and the living room area has a pull out sleeper sofa.

The kitchen area has a full size fridge, stovetop, microwave, dishwasher and dishes, so we have the option of cooking for ourselves and saving on eating out. They serve a large hot breakfast buffet every morning and M-Th they serve a free dinner and wine.

Most have an indoor pool and hot tub, too. The kids love that.

Mama to 6: DD 6/00, DS 2/02, DD 11/05, DS 12/10, DS 5/14 and DD 7/15
3 angel babies from miscarriages
Southernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:23 AM   #6
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

I found a website a while back, sixsuitcasetravel.com that has reviews of hotels that are friendly to large families!
Old 02-07-2014, 05:55 PM   #7
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernbelle View Post
Our favorite is the Homewood suites. It's a little more pricey, but it's a one bedroom suite with either a king or two queens and the living room area has a pull out sleeper sofa.

The kitchen area has a full size fridge, stovetop, microwave, dishwasher and dishes, so we have the option of cooking for ourselves and saving on eating out. They serve a large hot breakfast buffet every morning and M-Th they serve a free dinner and wine.

Most have an indoor pool and hot tub, too. The kids love that.
I was just about to suggest Homewood Suites also! If you can take advantage of the dinners they are great value for larger families.
isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote