Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2014, 09:12 PM   #1
rochel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Forum etiquette question

I am on the newer side of diaperswapper and now that I have been looking more at FSOT I was wondering about some of the basic etiquette or protocol that is typical here.

Is usually postage included in the price?

Do most sellers want you to just pm them or leave a post on the thread if you have questions or interested in an item?

Do people usually bargain for prices? Or what people ask as their price are they pretty firm. I noticed that some put obo, etc but what are a majority of sellers expecting.

What is the expected response time to questions or a message? (I do have to say that people have responded very quickly to me - )

I had a few more questions that I can't seem to remember right now but they will come back to me sometime... I would love if others have thoughts that I am not thinking of right now that would be helpful.

Thank you! I have been enjoying getting into the world of cloth diapering. Everyone was right when they said it is addicting

Advertisement

rochel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:27 PM   #2
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Forum etiquette question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rochel View Post
I am on the newer side of diaperswapper and now that I have been looking more at FSOT I was wondering about some of the basic etiquette or protocol that is typical here.

Is usually postage included in the price?

Do most sellers want you to just pm them or leave a post on the thread if you have questions or interested in an item?

Do people usually bargain for prices? Or what people ask as their price are they pretty firm. I noticed that some put obo, etc but what are a majority of sellers expecting.

What is the expected response time to questions or a message? (I do have to say that people have responded very quickly to me - )

I had a few more questions that I can't seem to remember right now but they will come back to me sometime... I would love if others have thoughts that I am not thinking of right now that would be helpful.

Thank you! I have been enjoying getting into the world of cloth diapering. Everyone was right when they said it is addicting
Most buyers prefer that postage be included (ppd) but it's not required.

PM is generally preferred because a lot of people forget to check the threads

MOST buyers are open to REASONABLE offers. Lowball offers are offensive and rude IMO, but if I'm asking $20ppd and you offer $18, I will probably take it.

I don't really think there's an "expected" response time. I would say to just reply as soon as you read the PM. That way you don't forget.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:34 PM   #3
rochel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for responding. I do agree about reasonable offers, and that was what I was referring to.
/orginization with forums tend to have a little bit of a different set of guidelines and feel to them.
rochel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 06:57 AM   #4
DANCERMINA54
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This was useful thank you!
DANCERMINA54 is offline   Reply With Quote