Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-30-2006, 10:12 PM   #1
marvelous
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
@*&$^% Diaper Rash!

I'm so tired of this!

I feel like we have been battling diaper rash for two weeks. First it was a yeast rash, very different from normal diaper rash. Got the non-prescription stuff, (can't think of the name right now) and it worked in two days flat.

Then she got red again, but definitely not yeast. Tried my normal remedy, cornstarch, and it seemed to get better, but never really went away.

Tried Butt Paste. It would get a little better, then a little worse, and so on.

For two days had her coverless in prefolds during the day. Even some nakie time for 15 min at a time. A little better but not gone. Overnight, worse.

Tried Desitin. Some better but still not gone. Stayed out in the sun w/o diaper until we both started sweating. Put more Desitin on once more, still not much better.

Tonite she is in a sposie (hate those things!) and we are trying the expenisive stuff (Triple Paste, I think). If it is not noticeably better in the morning, I guess I'll have to take her in.

I don't think it is anything that I did or didn't do, but I feel awful. She's scratching down there, and it just looks so uncomfortable. I've been using the same wash routine for months and now this. I've even stripped diapers.

Any advice, experience, or just plain ole support would be great.

Advertisement

Old 04-30-2006, 10:39 PM   #2
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

Re: @*&$^% Diaper Rash!

Sounds like you've tried everything, so all I've got is support and
I was going to suggest triple paste, that stuff really should work. I haven't tried it, but I do believe it's pretty much the best there is. I usually use BB's, but it sometimes doesn't work too well, so I mostly use fitteds without covers when we get rashes, to air it out a little. Sorry, mama, that's frustrating!
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:55 AM   #3
serena
Registered Users

Sorry to hear your little one is suffering with a rash.

Have you tried using silk liners, silk has a natural healing property within it and it is what I recommend to mums in england to use.

If you have problems finding them pm me and I will send you through a link that sells silk liners in the uk.

Hope this is of some help.

Regards

Serena
serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:57 AM   #4
jodi5
Registered Users

Only 2 ideas I have are:

For my oldest son, if I used diaper rash cream like desitin, it worked best with cornstarch sprinkled on top of it. It seemed like it kept him dry so the cream could do its work.

For my new baby, lanolin seems to work great so I've gone that direction with him.

I hope your little one is feeling better soon.

Jodi
jodi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:09 AM   #5
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Get some northern essence rash salve. mama Rhi's having a sale at her site, i got a sample of this from Cog, nothing was taking ym babys rash away and it was terrible, this stuff worked like magic. I just ordered a full size tube from mama Rhi's site, this stuff is awesome!
http://www.nurturingmomandbaby.com/store/Default.asp

20% off using code 'busyday' at check out. Last day for the sale is tomorrow 5/1, so hurry and order if your gonna get some with this sale!

heres the link to the direct stuff, she only has 1 left
http://www.nurturingmomandbaby.com/s...=NurturingBaby
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:10 AM   #6
marvelous
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: @*&$^% Diaper Rash!

OP here.

So the Triple Paste did the trick. She was much, much better this morning. Poor thing, she must have burned a little bit in the sun because she had some peeling skin, but she wasn't scratching near as much. Thank the heavens!

Sweet, thanks for the link to Rhi's site. I might try that as I would much rather use something that's natural and compatible with cloth on my DD's bum.

Thanks mammas for all the support. I literally could not sleep last night thinking about my poor DD and her rash, but I knew I could get on DS. You all are the best!
Old 05-01-2006, 11:28 AM   #7
mom2t
Registered Users
seller

I make my own diaper ointment. Bag balm and cornstarch. My daughter had a horrible viral rash and diaper rash for 3 months. NOTHING worked. I was given many prescriptions (even steroid cream which was scary) and I let her nap ala nature (big mess). After she healed, my pediatrician recommended this mixture. I also bath her in chamomile, lavender, oat and CALENDULA tea type soak I made. I can give you the full recipe. Calendula has natural anit-fungal. It broke my heart to see my daughter itch, so I understand. Good luck.
mom2t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:46 AM   #8
imommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My two *no-fail* remedies are:
1. tea tree oil on the wipes
2. Baking soda bath (just dump 'er in) and Aquaphor on the bum (with a fleece liner in the dipe of course).

Works every time within a matter of hours alot of times! Hope her tushie stays nice and pink.