Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2007, 04:33 PM   #31
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Colostrum shocker (come get a laugh if you need one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigi079 View Post
I used wool pads i really wish i had them with my other children..they are breathable help cut down on the risk of a yeast infection hold alot and don't feel wet and are perfect for winter too..LOL i used/have LANA wool pads i purchased the ones with the more layers because i just "knew" i need more protection (i have a strong let-down and always leaked)

ETA yes if you push on the non-nursing side it will stop the letdown..and i never smelled like sour milk..eww
My friend who can soak (think dripping) an infant prefold overnight discovered the wool and loves it. She just cuts an extra piece of wool out of a sweater she is making into longies and lanolizes just like her other wool.

I have never smelled like sour milk except when my boys spit up on me and I couldn't change soon enough. Always have a few shirts picked out if you have a spitter, and throw some neutral ones in the car. And if you do have a spitter either get used to ponytales or shorter hair, washing spit up out of your hair is a pain and is sure to leave you smelling if you don't get it all. Leaking has never smelled just spit up.

Advertisement

Last edited by joyful mother; 09-06-2007 at 04:39 PM.
joyful mother is offline   Reply With Quote