Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2014, 05:21 PM   #11
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you've had a miscarriage.... UPDATE

Thank you for all your kind words and I am sorry to hear about your losses. Nobody deserves to go through this.

Advertisement

Old 02-12-2014, 05:23 PM   #12
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm sure your sister will understand
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:41 PM   #13
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post

I'm sure your sister will understand
I did tell her. I figured if the situation were reversed I would want to know. I just explained that I am happy for her, but the news came at an unfortunate time and to please understand if we act a little weird or seem like we are avoiding them for a little while as we process it. She is pretty understanding.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:26 PM   #14
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

I'm so sorry about your loss. I hope you're recovering well. It takes longer to recover emotionally. Sometimes it helps to do something in memory of your baby, plant a tree, get a piece of jewelry or windchimes or something like that. I felt it comforting to have something to remember my baby by.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:22 PM   #15
love2bmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm so sorry for your loss! While I was in the heaviest, worst part of my miscarriage, I got a text from my SIL announcing her pregnancy. She didn't know about my miscarriage either, and when she found out she felt horrible and apologized. It's so hard though....it feels like an unintentional kick when you're already down.
love2bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:47 PM   #16
gsmama2012
Registered Users

I had a mc in june 2013 at 8 weeks. It started off as just light pink spotting and got heavier that night. I ended up passing a couple big clots and went to the er. They tested my hgc levels and they were low. I went home and went to the dr the next day for an ultrasound where they saw a heart beat but my levels had not went up at all. I went back a few days later(still bleeding) and my levels had dropped more. A week later I was still bleeding & my levels dropped again. Dr did an US again and no heart beat..did a pelvic and stimulated my cervix to speed up the passing. on week three of bleeding I passed something that looked similar to a plum seed. I bled really heavy for a couple more days and had my blood work done AGAIN and was finally low enough they said it was about done. I bled about 3 weeks. It was horrible. Dr gave me pain pills to help.Im sorry<3
gsmama2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:48 PM   #17
smilyme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm glad to hear things are moving along and it sounds like you can avoid the D&C. I have two nephews that are turning five, I was briefly pregnant with two of my sisters. At first I would think about having a baby that same age, but after having other kids, and as time has gone by, I've nearly forgotten about that part. I'm sure your sister feels terrible, nobody would do that on purpose. I don't know if this means anything to you, but I have heard that it is very easy for a lot of women to get pregnant soon after a miscarriage. Maybe has something to do with hormones? Anyhow, two months after my mc I became pregnant. Maybe the same thing will happen for you! But for now, rest, and grieve the loss you are experiencing. And know you are not alone.

www.clothisgreen.com
smilyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:18 PM   #18
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilyme View Post
I'm glad to hear things are moving along and it sounds like you can avoid the D&C. I have two nephews that are turning five, I was briefly pregnant with two of my sisters. At first I would think about having a baby that same age, but after having other kids, and as time has gone by, I've nearly forgotten about that part. I'm sure your sister feels terrible, nobody would do that on purpose. I don't know if this means anything to you, but I have heard that it is very easy for a lot of women to get pregnant soon after a miscarriage. Maybe has something to do with hormones? Anyhow, two months after my mc I became pregnant. Maybe the same thing will happen for you! But for now, rest, and grieve the loss you are experiencing. And know you are not alone.
Thanks. This baby wasn't planned and my husband does not want any more children. I don't know if he will change his mind but he seems pretty adamant right now, despite all this. Well maybe because of all this he does not want to deal with any of it again. I can accept that but it is hard to think our little 4th surprise baby is gone. I always wanted a 4th but i was thinking maybe in another year or two, timing was not good right now anyway. But it's not like we were unhappy about it, we accepted it quite quickly, and now I do feel like my last chance is gone.

Last edited by jeebee; 02-12-2014 at 08:19 PM.
jeebee is offline   Reply With Quote