Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2014, 05:15 PM   #1
Mama*Kim
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
S/O RRL

I didn't want to threadjack, so I'll start my own thread.

I'm 30 weeks (tomorrow) and I want/need to do anything I can to make this labor go faster and smoother than the last two. I think I'd like to order some RRL tea, because at this point, I'll try anything. I have a couple of questions.

1. Is it too late to start?
2. Any suggestions for a good brand or what to look for?
3. What's your preferred brewing method?

Advertisement

Mama*Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:51 PM   #2
Southernbelle
Registered Users
seller

Re: S/O RRL

I usually have 24 hour + labors. The one time I used RRL, I had an 8 hour labor, so I'm trying it again with this one!

If you start in the 3rd trimester, you should do 3 cups a day. Years ago, that was what the midwife told me.

I've tried Alvita brand and Traditional Medicines brand tea. I was fine with both of them, but I can't buy Alvita around here anymore and the Traditional Medicine brand is too expensive, so I went to Amazon and bought this:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

It tastes good. A pound of tea is A LOT. I bought it in November and it looks like I've barely used any. I plan to keep drinking it after the baby is born, it's also supposed to be good for my milk supply and for women's health in general. The loose leaf tea is coarser chopped than the stuff you can buy in tea bags.

Most people just add the desired amount of tea to hot water and let it steep 3 minutes. Add sugar, honey or whatever you like and enjoy.

I'm not a hot tea drinker, but I can really put away the iced tea, so I just add it to my pitcher of iced tea. I make a gallon of unsweetened iced tea a day. I drink most of that in a day, but sometimes other people in the family drink some, so I don't drink the whole gallon myself. I use an iced tea maker to brew the tea; it works kinda like a coffee maker. I put a coffee filter in the basket, add about 2 tablespoons loose RRL tea and lay 2 family size Luzianne tea bags (my favorite) on top. I can taste the RRL, so I suppose it works! I won't really know until I deliver.

When I used the tea bags, I used make the tea as if I was making hot tea, but instead of drinking it, I'd toss it in with my pitcher of iced tea. I knew I'd drink it all throughout the day.

You'll deliver before I do, so you'll have to report back if it worked for you or not! I have to say the BH contractions I've been having really get my attention, so hopefully it's doing something.

Mama to 6: DD 6/00, DS 2/02, DD 11/05, DS 12/10, DS 5/14 and DD 7/15
3 angel babies from miscarriages
Southernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:23 PM   #3
bazil323
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/O RRL

I agree with the above. Before Iwas pregnant, I kinda liked the taste, but while I was pregnant, I couldn't finish a cup without adding a little mint, chamomile, or other tea to help. I had morning sickness until22-23 weeks and remained easy to gag the rest of the pregnancy, so that is probably just my weird hormone soup reaction.

Anyway, my midwife said that metal reacts with the tea, so you should use a wood or plastic spoon. I couldn't find anything to back that up online, but I know metal can react with some substances even in foods, so I figured it couldn't hurt. She said that you will probably feel some ctx after you drink it, which is how it helps the uterus tone itself to prepare for a more efficient labor. She also said that if you don't feel the ctx, yhen it may be because of using metal utensils when preparing the tea, or you may be like me and not really feel any pre-labor ctx.