Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2007, 06:55 PM   #21
Mom2Natalya
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Yeast and more yeast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonsMommy View Post
I was told by someone at a breastfeeding support group to just throw everything at it at once -- Gentian Violet, probiotics, and Grapefruit Seed Extract pills. She also used diluted GSE drops on her nipples in between GV applications. I did what she said and it worked.
Yeah that.
Also, While you are trying to get rid of yeast, you may go to sposies for a bit and treat the dipes with GSE, super hot water and vinegar rinses. Yeast can live in the dipes and cause the baby to keep getting it.

Also, probiotics for you- get the really good stuff- the ones with at least 5million um... CFU? I think that's what it's called.

Advertisement

Old 09-06-2007, 07:47 PM   #22
kclarkadpi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Yeast and more yeast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy2girls View Post
I have found Nystatin to be the least effective method of ridding thrush. I suggest Gentian Violet, once a day for a week. It's a topical natural anti-fungal- you can get it at CVS/local drugstore over the counter. Also, you and baby should take a probiotic everyday. You can use Lotrimin to ease some of the pain/itching for your nipples. Wash all of your bras in HOT water and add a little vinegar to the rinse. Boil all baby's pacifiers/artificial nipples for 20 minutes every night. Cut out as much sugar as possible from your diet- yeast thrives on sugar. Ummm...Ok, I think that's it! GL, mama!

Definitely TRY THIS!!!
Love 'em, but my fav. quote "You've never been in love unless you've contemplated where to hide the body". Haha!
kclarkadpi is offline   Reply With Quote