Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2014, 11:21 AM   #11
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Toy recommendations for a 1 year old

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJs Mommy View Post
Leapfrog tag junior. A favorite cartoon dvd (Elmo, Mickey, etc)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
For a 12 month old kid? It is specifically recommended that kids under the age of 24 months old not be shown screens.

Advertisement

Old 02-19-2014, 11:28 AM   #12
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by risata View Post
Is she walking? something she can push around -- doll stroller or little grocery cart or something.
My kids loved stuff they could push around like that. The oldest is almost four and still plays with all of it. Plus, people who give my kids presents that don't have a million tiny parts get bonus points for being awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle View Post
If mom is really looking for a few minutes during which she can turn her attention away from her 1 year old, and depending upon the kind of kid she is, I'd recommend a play yard and some stacking cups.

Or stacking boxes

But the toy my son picked out at that age, and the toy he still plays with (every once in awhile) at 2.5, is the Color Roller. He found it at the store and fell in love with the pushing and the zizzing sound it makes. We have almost all wood toys here, and that is what we gravitate to for many reasons, but I think every playroom has a bit of space for a bit of battery-free plastic.
Plan Toys also makes a roller thing like that that's made of wood. It's noisy, but not annoying. I think it's called a Walk and Roll? It's been a big hit here.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote