Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2014, 10:08 AM   #11
mommyfrog
Registered Users

Re: Pelvic Girdle Pain (or sciatica?)

Thanks for posting this. I have all the symptoms, but didn't know what it was called. I asked for a belt last month, but haven't heard anything since. I'll certainly be pushing for it on Thursday at my next appointment. The pain started at about twelve weeks and just gets worse and worse. I'm also going to go to a chiropractor, even though I don't think my insurance will cover it. I'm hoping between the two, I'll be able to survive the next fifteen or so weeks.

Advertisement

Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:43 AM   #12
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyfrog
Thanks for posting this. I have all the symptoms, but didn't know what it was called. I asked for a belt last month, but haven't heard anything since. I'll certainly be pushing for it on Thursday at my next appointment. The pain started at about twelve weeks and just gets worse and worse. I'm also going to go to a chiropractor, even though I don't think my insurance will cover it. I'm hoping between the two, I'll be able to survive the next fifteen or so weeks.
Yeah I had it last pregnancy but thought it was sciatica (he pain went further down my leg last time and also it would ease up more than this is)
I honestly never even talked to the dr about it really because although I was bad I could still function, and also it didn't hurt to sleep.

I am Finally coming out if the exhausted stage and now I can't freakin sleep because of this.

Definitely talk to your dr. I just called and talked to the nurse and she had the dr fax over the order. I don't live close to my dr (45 minutes away) and we only have one car right now so I am glad they did it over the phone, that way I can just go in and get the belt when I have time

Your not a woman until people come out of your vagina and step on your dreams. Louis C.K.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:57 AM   #13
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

I LOVE these tops and they are on sale right now at CB for a really good price
http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_...oducts_id=2083

Order a size up, otherwise they are a bit too tight. I wear a small in pretty much everything as does my sister and we both wear mediums in this.

They lift up your tummy just a fraction of an inch but that seems to take pounds of force off the back. The compression presses into the bottom of the back just enough to encourage good posture. I wear one every day, nearly all day after 18 weeks. I have three I wash out in the sink and hang dry and rotate between.

I recommend them to everyone. That coupled with a belt makes it even better. I can wear these out of the house too.
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:13 AM   #14
Hum Bums
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I got one of those shirts on clearance. It makes me look pudgy and gross right now so I'd probably only wear it around the house.
I actually forgot about it until you posted.
Hum Bums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:26 PM   #15
MsGiggles
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have a belt for SPD that supports the belly & back. This 3rd pregnancy I also added a back-brace belt but I wear it tight around my hips to support my hips & it does a better job of preventing pubis bone separation pain. On extreme days I wear both.

Good luck - sounds like you are on the right path.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:23 PM   #16
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Go my ever so fashionable belt this morning and already feel quite a bit of relief.

If I can sell some of the stuff I have sitting on FSOT I am going to buy one of this compression tank tops!

Your not a woman until people come out of your vagina and step on your dreams. Louis C.K.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:20 PM   #17
kerbs
Registered Users
seller

Do you have a PG body pillow? Having an ergonomic sleep set up helped both my PGP and Sciatica. Also, doing slow stretches and walking in a warm water pool helped as it got worse further along. I signed up for an Aqua Pilates class that was held in the rec center therapy pool- you can feel the lack of gravity resetting your body.
kerbs is offline   Reply With Quote