Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2014, 07:05 PM   #1
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Physically Drained from Pregnancy, Nursing, Pregnancy, Nursing...

I just feel so drained. I felt drained after nursing dd1 for 2 years... the last 3 months of that I was expecting dd2 and again nursing. I have had a person feeding off me non stop for 4 years. I would love just one month. I feel like my body would just feel so much better. Anyone else feel drained? I feel like I am the only person I know IRL that has not had a break. I just want one month...

Advertisement

CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:16 PM   #2
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Re: Physically Drained from Pregnancy, Nursing, Pregnancy, Nursing...

I have been pregnant or nursing almost constantly since 2006. We wanted our kids to come every 2 years or so. It is draining. My solution (after the first 2) was been to wean the toddler for at least 2 months before getting pregnant again, and have the kids be more like 30 months apart rather than 24. I need a break. My body needs a break and a chance to replenish. I also take prenatal vitamins all the time, not just when pregnant or nursing.

Hugs. If you plan to have a third and want them spaced similarly, I would suggest weaning your second around 18 months instead of 2 years, if you are okay with that. I can't even describe how great it felt to have a break. I love nursing and I love caring for my children, but taking a break is like a nice long vacation--I got pregnant ready to sacrifice myself again and totally energized.
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:24 PM   #3
miriamleigh
Registered Users

I'm so with you! I've been pregnant or nursing (12 months of both) for 6 years now. It's so exhausting! I have a 5 year old a 2 year old and a 2 month old. I feel so touched out. I'm also always sore from sitting and nursing so much. I do love snuggling with my little newbie though. She's so sweet! I wish I had practical advice for you, but I've got nothing!
miriamleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:44 PM   #4
Southernbelle
Registered Users
seller

Give yourself permission to take a break. It's really hard to have 2 little ones so close in age. I'm sure they're the light of your life, but it's still really, really hard to have to do everything for both of them when they're so little.

I've never been able to conceive while I was nursing, even after my cycles returned, so I've never nursed through a pregnancy or tandem nursed. I have spent 10 of the 15 years I've been married either pregnant or nursing, so I definitely understand feeling burned out/touched out and generally exhausted!

It does get better as the kids get older and can begin to do things for themselves - get their own snacks and drinks, quit using diapers, clean up after themselves and as they get even older, they can do housework and help cook meals. So it DOES get better, much better! Hang in there.

Since I can't conceive while nursing, I have had breaks between kids after they've weaned. Life is still incredibly busy and it's still hard, but if you'd really like a break after the baby is weaned, then definitely take one! It'll give you time to just enjoy your little ones and give you time to recoup.

Mama to 5: DD 6/00, DS 2/02, DD 11/05, DS 12/10, DS 5/14 and expecting someone new 7/15
3 angel babies from miscarriages
Southernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:51 PM   #5
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yup! Hugs! Also been pregnant and or nursing since 2006.

I always feel like I'm missing something from my diet that's not providing proper nutrition or energy when I eat very healthy.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:49 AM   #6
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post

I always feel like I'm missing something from my diet that's not providing proper nutrition or energy when I eat very healthy.
I think that is what is frustrating me soooo much! I should feel great - for 6 months I have cut out all sugar and fruit. I eat 5+ servings of vegetables a day, a 1/2 cup of mixed nuts, 3 servings of legumes and at least 3 servings of efferent protein (meat). Oh well... I feel better after some sleep and can make it one more day.
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote