Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-21-2014, 02:19 PM   #1
KLeeCW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Taking/sharing pictures of other people's kids

Advertisement

Last edited by KLeeCW; 06-09-2015 at 07:33 PM.
KLeeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:27 PM   #2
superbeans
Registered Users
seller

Re: Taking/sharing pictures of other people's kids

I take pictures of other peoples kids, but I would never post them anywhere. Most moms appreciate it. Like I'll email them or text them the pictures of our kids playing. Sometimes I can't make it to a school event since I work, a lot of times another mom in the class will send me a picture of my daughter or son at the event. I love it. I think its perfectly fine to take pictures of other peoples children as long as you don't post them anywhere public without permission.

Last edited by superbeans; 02-21-2014 at 02:28 PM.
superbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #3
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I take pictures at birthday parties but I'm careful which ones I post (only really close friends/family that I know don't mind) the rest I just keep. I take pics of the boys with their friends and team mates but again, I don't post them anywhere with the exception of our TKD school page. When Tharen was part of junior derby I took pics and videos and shared them with other parents. We did sign a team release to allow pictures to be used for promotional purposes. At this point his "team mates" are all adults so I don't worry about it. They all think it is great to have their pictures taken and show up on Facebook with him. He shows up a good bit on team photography and at bouts.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:48 PM   #4
Mommy2Be08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
If take pics but don't post them online if other people's kids are in them unless I have permission. Like my kids have swimming lessons. I only used pics of them alone on facebook.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using DS Forum
Jocelyne mommy 4 beautiful boys! Baby#5 Due August 2014 I'm Shaving my head to conquer childhood cancer! http://www.stbaldricks.org/participa...ge/675375/2014
Mommy2Be08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 03:18 PM   #5
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I think it's ok to take them and keep for personal collection but generally wouldn't recommend sharing them on a public venue such as FB. If its an outside venue like park or zoo and their kid is in the photo I don't worry as much about it. But a personal setting like home or school is different IMHO.

A family friend recently went to her grandsons new preschool class (he only goes once a week) and took tons of pics of all the kids and him, then posted them to her fb wall with tons of friends and shared the whole album with the kids parents and grandpa. Totally in appropriate and I was shocked she was even allowed to take the pics in the first place.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:31 PM   #6
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I take pics of my kids playing with their friends, but not to post online, we keep them for the kids photo albums. I also share the pics with the other kids moms if I know them. If it's a pic I am going to share online, I blur out the other kids faces unless the mom says its okay to share.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:47 PM   #7
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

I don't worry about my children's friends being in pictures any more than I would worry about random strangers in pictures. I wouldn't tag children without knowing that the parents would be okay with it. Otherwise, there is little to nothing to identify those kids and many of the people looking at them are the same parents of the kids in the pictures.

A great deal of the time, my kids are with their friends when I am taking pictures of them. Today it was science fair at school, gymnastics with my daughter and the climbing campout with Scouts. My family is all out of State. They enjoy pictures of my children at their activities and it is pretty normal that their activities are not just with siblings or alone.

Nor do I worry about there being random, unidentified pictures of my children out there any more than I worry that they might be in the background of some new mommy's playground pictures.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:16 AM   #8
Spicymustard
Registered Users
seller

I will take pics if activities all the time. As far as sharing in FB I sort of go by what I see on my friends pages. The friends I see posting pics I will post pics of my kids with their kids and tag the parent. I do have one friend we hang out with a lot who does not have a FB so I wouldn't share a pic which their children on it.

Join me on Swagbucks.
Spicymustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:32 AM   #9
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by z2akids View Post
I don't worry about my children's friends being in pictures any more than I would worry about random strangers in pictures. I wouldn't tag children without knowing that the parents would be okay with it. Otherwise, there is little to nothing to identify those kids and many of the people looking at them are the same parents of the kids in the pictures.

A great deal of the time, my kids are with their friends when I am taking pictures of them. Today it was science fair at school, gymnastics with my daughter and the climbing campout with Scouts. My family is all out of State. They enjoy pictures of my children at their activities and it is pretty normal that their activities are not just with siblings or alone.

Nor do I worry about there being random, unidentified pictures of my children out there any more than I worry that they might be in the background of some new mommy's playground pictures.

Pretty much this. I never tag anyone. not even my kids or nieces or nephews.. If I tag a person then their friends can see and post, share ect. I have my settings set to only friends.

We are out and about alot. I know I have posted pictures of random's peoples kids in the background and random people.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:40 AM   #10
vatblack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used to ask permission and everyone kind of thought it was odd that I'd even ask. It seems accepted in my circle that pictures would be shared.

ETA: Many of my friends are immigrants and use facebook to share their lives with their families. So, that is the reason we probably don't care that much.