Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2007, 10:05 AM   #11
mengmommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: x-post: Please share all of your nightweaning tips! (especially co-sleepers!)

Bryn, you're such an awesome Mommy! I don't know how I'm going to do it with Ele, she's about as stubborn as your LO I think...and I don't want her waking up Trupie. With Trupie, the first few nights were h*ll! I ended up out in the recliner rocking and rocking and Trupe threatening no more co-sleeping (but he was so not himself then, when he was working and going to school). But after the first few days it got easier. I'd let him nurse for a bit, and once he started slowing down I'd unlatch him and pat and pat and pat. I started unlatching him sooner...and patting through some rather then letting him nurse at all. Finally we were done. But yeah, he wasn't game the first few days...and come February, I'll probably be on here whining about Ele not being game either. I'll be praying for a willing daughter for ya!

Advertisement

Old 09-07-2007, 10:11 AM   #12
1blessedmama
Registered Users
seller

Re: x-post: Please share all of your nightweaning tips! (especially co-sleepers!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mengmommy View Post
Bryn, you're such an awesome Mommy! I don't know how I'm going to do it with Ele, she's about as stubborn as your LO I think...and I don't want her waking up Trupie. With Trupie, the first few nights were h*ll! I ended up out in the recliner rocking and rocking and Trupe threatening no more co-sleeping (but he was so not himself then, when he was working and going to school). But after the first few days it got easier. I'd let him nurse for a bit, and once he started slowing down I'd unlatch him and pat and pat and pat. I started unlatching him sooner...and patting through some rather then letting him nurse at all. Finally we were done. But yeah, he wasn't game the first few days...and come February, I'll probably be on here whining about Ele not being game either. I'll be praying for a willing daughter for ya!
Thanks Jen! Luke does the threatening thing, too. I know he's not trying to be mean to me, but he always says things like "next time...blah blah blah". I was really bummed when I spent over a month...EVERY NIGHT...rocking Ivey to sleep without nursing. We stopped it though because she obviously wasn't ready because even after about 5 weeks or so it didn't lessen (the crying while I rocked her) and she didn't go to sleep any easier. But Luke said he NEVER EVEN NOTICED I was doing that. Oh my gosh...I about died.

Anyway, I'm just SO ready to nightwean her...I know it's a 2-part deal and just because I'm ready doesn't mean it'll work, but we've GOT to do something. I'm losing it. I'm not sleep deprived or anything, but I'm just not myself anymore when she's constantly waking up in the night or can't sleep without my nipple in her mouth or wakes up whining wanting milk. Makes me sad, but it's definitely a sign (*I* am the sign) that we need to make some changes.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:37 AM   #13
mengmommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I understand Bryn...some nights I find myself holding my breath in hopes that Ele won't try to latch on. I feel ya there. Honestly I'm not sure how I made it to 29 months nursing all night long with Trupie. Ele was doing SOOO good for a while at about 7 months, then I started pumping for J and I think Ele didn't get as much during the day so she started chowing at night again.