Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-16-2014, 10:33 AM   #1
Melusine
Registered Users
seller

Sewing holes

I have a couple of used AIO diapers coming with small 1st layer holes on the inside. I've heard if you sew holes up it helps stop them from getting worse. Does sewing the holes lessen the resale value at all (since I've messed with them)? Is there a specific type of thread that needs to be used?

Advertisement

Melusine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:26 AM   #2
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Sewing holes

I would say if you are purchasing them with first layer holes that you are probably the last owner. Even if you prolong life, resale will be affected as more holes develop, more wear & tear on diapers, etc. I think sewing holes is probably a good idea no matter what, especially if YOU want to get a lot of use out of them.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:17 PM   #3
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sewing holes

I probably wouldnt bother but I also agree at this point dont worry about resale.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote