Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2007, 11:49 AM   #11
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:
Re: UGGHHH spent WAY to much on groceries yesterday!

for the milk, if you read the labels there are lots of milk at regular stores that are antibiotic & hormone free, also you can look it up on the internet too to see which ones don't use growth hormones etc. I stopped buying organic and got back on WIC when I found out that the WIC milk from Kroger was hormone/antibiotic free.

Also, something I have started doing since we drink so much milk is I get whole milk and water it down myself. Since whole milk & 1% cost the same per gallon it just made more sense to water it down myself and make the whole milk stretch further, and it tastes exactly like 1%. My DH laughed at me when I first told him I was doing this but once he tried my watered down milk he realized it tasted the same so now we don't have to buy as much milk and we are drinking more water too

Advertisement

Old 09-07-2007, 11:51 AM   #12
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmama2dsndd View Post
for the milk, if you read the labels there are lots of milk at regular stores that are antibiotic & hormone free, also you can look it up on the internet too to see which ones don't use growth hormones etc. I stopped buying organic and got back on WIC when I found out that the WIC milk from Kroger was hormone/antibiotic free.
I read that somewhere! I think its awesome that there milk is hormone/antibiotic free I forgot all about that LOL
Old 09-07-2007, 12:31 PM   #13
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmama2dsndd View Post

Also, something I have started doing since we drink so much milk is I get whole milk and water it down myself. Since whole milk & 1% cost the same per gallon it just made more sense to water it down myself and make the whole milk stretch further, and it tastes exactly like 1%. My DH laughed at me when I first told him I was doing this but once he tried my watered down milk he realized it tasted the same so now we don't have to buy as much milk and we are drinking more water too
we have a Kroger here....its called Gerbes here. So its their off brand milk? I've never noticed it saying hormone/antibiotic free. I'll doublecheck in there tonight when we go rent a movie I do like Gerbes...ours here has an entire healthfood section with organic and healthy foods at good prices!
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:36 PM   #14
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118636276357988890.html
http://www.truthabouttrade.org/article.asp?id=8003

Old 09-07-2007, 12:39 PM   #15
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Great! I will definitely check them out!! Thanks!! Your are the google thrifty queen earth_mama!!! And i checked out that link you posted earlier for the natural foods store online with organic dry milk...thanks so much! They had some neat things at that store!!
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:41 PM   #16
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hehe, your so very welcome! I'm actually supposed to be on my way to the consignment sale but DH is doign something right now lol I'm so excited! You can bet I'll be back to post my finds! I think those are really good deals on the powdered organic milk, IMO at least
Old 09-07-2007, 02:48 PM   #17
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redheadedangels View Post
we have a Kroger here....its called Gerbes here. So its their off brand milk? I've never noticed it saying hormone/antibiotic free. I'll doublecheck in there tonight when we go rent a movie I do like Gerbes...ours here has an entire healthfood section with organic and healthy foods at good prices!
we get the Springdale milk (it is the WIC milk) but I think the Kroger brand is also hormone/antibiotic free