Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2014, 10:18 AM   #11
andrewdk
Registered Users
seller

Re: Holle or Hipp formula?

Is the the Halle formula a powder or liquid? Looks interesting although I think it's a wee bit out of my budget!

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk

Advertisement

andrewdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:35 AM   #12
bebeboy03
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am curious about this! We currently use the Baby's Only. How big are the boxes or how many ounces will each box make? I'm trying to compare the price to Baby's Only.
cautiously expecting #4 October 2013
bebeboy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:50 PM   #13
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ds3 is a tiny little thing and as per doc recommendation, we decided to start supplementing so through researching I found holle and bought it off eBay. I received it and it was perfect but then we tried it and ds has an anaphylactic reaction requiring a call to 911. It was terrifying but we treated him in time.

He has shown some signs to milk protein allergy with breast feeding but I didn't think the lactose would be such an issue.

All that to say, keep a close eye on your baby the first time you try it. And I've got two unopened boxes if stage 1 if anyone would like to try it. Pm me
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:51 PM   #14
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebeboy03
I am curious about this! We currently use the Baby's Only. How big are the boxes or how many ounces will each box make? I'm trying to compare the price to Baby's Only.
They are 400g, 1 gram (scoop) to add to one ounce water. That should give you an idea
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:51 PM   #15
BabyMama2014
Registered Users

Talking Re: Holle or Hipp formula?

We order from Little World Organics- They sell Holle and HiPP, I believe... My baby drinks Holle. I feel way more comfortable ordering from them then people on eBay who are just out to make a buck. They have a website and facebook page.
BabyMama2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 02:22 PM   #16
bebeboy03
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyMama2014
We order from Little World Organics- They sell Holle and HiPP, I believe... My baby drinks Holle. I feel way more comfortable ordering from them then people on eBay who are just out to make a buck. They have a website and facebook page.
Thanks for the tip!! Just placed an order!
Old 05-26-2014, 06:42 PM   #17
gleamofhope
Registered Users
seller

Is there a concern if formula mailed from overseas gets x-rayed by customs?
gleamofhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:58 AM   #18
Nata17
Registered Users

So whats better Holle or Hipp ( if any)? A lot are so exited about Holle formula. But how about Palm Oil it contains which so not good for babies? And it also has maltodextrin, another plant-based sweetener. Maltodextrins are partially hydrolyzed starch molecules, which can be derived from corn, rice or potatoes. Maltodextrin is less sweet than corn syrup.
Hipp contains Palm Oil too, plus undesirable Soy and DHA, no maltodextrin though ( organic lactose instead).
Nata17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:16 AM   #19
bebeboy03
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm not sure where you see DHA in HiPP formula or soy?

I've used both holle and HiPP for my infant. Holle doesn't contain probiotics, where HiPP does.

Compared to US formula, I will gladly feed either HiPP or holle to my baby. Your other option is to get breastmilk from a milk bank.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:20 AM   #20
Nata17
Registered Users

Hipp emailed me the list of ingredients, pls see below, it shows soya lecithin there. Omega 3 = DHA, isnt it? ( maybe i am wrong). But Palm Oil is still an issu.
From Hipp:
Please find below the list of ingredients within our First Infant Milk powder:

Organic skimmed milk, organic whey powder (partially demineralised), organic vegetable oils (palm oil, rapeseed oil, sunflower oil), prebiotic fibres (galacto-oligosaccharides from lactose), organic lactose, LCP oils (fish, vegetable), calcium carbonate, emulsifier (soya lecithin), potassium chloride, L-tyrosine, L-phenylalanine, vitamin mix *vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin A, niacin, pantothenic acid, thiamin (vitamin B1), vitamin B6, folic acid, riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin K, biotin, vitamin D, vitamin B12+, magnesium carbonate, zinc sulphate, L-tryptophan, iron sulphate, stabiliser (lactic acid), copper-lysine complex, potassium iodate, manganese sulphate, sodium selenate.
Nata17 is offline   Reply With Quote